Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Only able to use GPRS

Scicli
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

For the past week I have not been able to obtain 3G in the SE4 area of London (Brockley/Crofton Park.  I have been able to obtain this in other London areas so nothing apparently wrong with the dongle or sim etc.  I saw that there had been problems in the area and that had been resolved although engineers were working in the area yesterday but now the coverage checker states that all is ok. But I am still not able to use 3G and so wondered if there still a specific problem for mobile broadband in this area.  Certainly it is not working for me and all was perfect before apart from the occasional outage but now has been a week so quite concerned

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Scicli

As your aware maintenance work has been carried out and completed on the 12/1/18. 

"Great news – we've recently carried out some maintenance in this area to help improve our mobile network, we’re sorry if you experienced any issues with your service between 08:00 12 Jan 2018 and 20:00 12 Jan 2018. Still having trouble? Please get in touch with us free on 191 from a Vodafone mobile or 03333 040 191 from any other UK mobile or landline (standard call charges apply)."

It can sometimes take a few extra days for the masts to fully settle. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Scicli

As your aware maintenance work has been carried out and completed on the 12/1/18. 

"Great news – we've recently carried out some maintenance in this area to help improve our mobile network, we’re sorry if you experienced any issues with your service between 08:00 12 Jan 2018 and 20:00 12 Jan 2018. Still having trouble? Please get in touch with us free on 191 from a Vodafone mobile or 03333 040 191 from any other UK mobile or landline (standard call charges apply)."

It can sometimes take a few extra days for the masts to fully settle. 

Current Phone  >

Many thanks for this, I did not realise or appreciate this. Hopefully all will be back in working order soon!

BandOfBrothers

Hopefully Yes your service will be resumed asap. 

Current Phone  >

HI

I regret to say that this issue has still not been resolved.  I contacted customer services via chat and was apparently upgraded to 4G.  I contacted them again on Monday and was told that the SIM that I was using was not registered for 4G and so they would do this but I should wait 24/48 hours.  I do not understand why suddenly I should no longer receive 3G and why now I am only able to access GPRS whilst at my home address in London which is central London!

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Scicli - So that we can look into the coverage, please follow the steps from our Network Troubleshooting guide.

If this is happening everywhere you go, then we’ll need to check your account.

Please send us your details by following the steps in this private message.