Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Outlook 07 Pop3 Settings

graemes10
Not applicable
I have spent the best part of this evening trying to find the settings for using the datacard using POP3 email on Outlook 07. For sending I have used SMTP.vodafone.net ; It is also telling me I need authentication, please advise where I will find my user name and password and any other information I require to send emails.

Regards.
7 REPLIES 7

RNafaa
4: Newbie
to be able to set up your E-mail on Outlook just visit this link

Make sure that the outgoing mail server is going to be SMTP.vodafone.net

http://www.plus.net/support/email/setup/outlook.shtml

How this helps.

RNafaa
4: Newbie
Or also you can try to use this Link too: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/...2316341033.aspx

graemes10
Not applicable
Thanks for the replys. Unfortunately, when testing the settings I can logon onto incoming mail server but receive the following message when sending test email message-Cannot send the message. Verfify the email address in your account properties. The server responded. 530 Authentication required. I have checked the email address and it is correct. Please can you advise, Regards.

chrisv
Not applicable
Hi,

I've been getting the same 530 Authentication error messages too and I am using send.vodafone.net for the outgoing server.

It has worked in the past but it is a really annoyingly intermittent and recurring problem. Are there issues from time to time at Vodafone's end with the smtp server?

The other problem I'm having is that, when it does work, it's fine for using while roaming and connection via Vodafone mobile. However while connected to my home broadband it never works. Does Vodafone only permit the use of the servers if connected via their USB stick? If so that is useless, I don't want to be continually changing my email account settings depending on what method I am connected to the internet - it's hardly user friendly. I know it would be possible to set up different accounts for the various smtp setting but again this isn't useable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

Retired-David_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Guys,

Welcome to the eForum,

Don’t worry I had this exact same issue so I can tell you exactly how to fix this. I was using send.vodafone.net then all of a sudden it stopped working, What I did is in the "My server requires authentication" box I selected this and in the box requiring settings I put the same username and password as I use for my email account. My outlook will now get my mails whether I am at home on the wireless network or if I am out and about with my 3G Broadband.

Whilst you’re out and about why not have complete control over your mobile account with our great Online Billing service. Did you know you can now pay your bill online and get a breakdown of your usage?

Thanks

David
eForum Team

graemes10
Not applicable
Hi David,

I have tried this and the email just sits in my send box. I have applied the same logon and password as my works email- which I normally use to receive and send emails. Is this correct logon and password to use or is there a vodafone one?

Regards Graeme.

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi David,

I have tried this and the email just sits in my send box. I have applied the same logon and password as my works email- which I normally use to receive and send emails. Is this correct logon and password to use or is there a vodafone one?

Regards Graeme.

Hi Graeme,

It depends which server you're using for your outgoing mail. In this case, since you're using smtp.vodafone.net it will need to be the username and password for your www.vodafone.net account. If you haven't got a Vodafone.net account with us, then you will need to instead use send.vodafone.net which does not require any authentication at all.

I trust this clears things up for you :)

Jon

eForum Team