cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG Mobile broadband 15gb data package constant problems?

Vodfraud1848
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a mobile Wi-Fi device. I have constant problems topping up with a 15GB data bundle, it does not apply itself properly and hasn't for years. Vodafone's IT systems does not remove the previously used data bundle when the data runs out (but not the 90 day expiry date contained in each bundle), therefore it allows you to top up (although sometimes extremely difficult to do online once your data has run out) but does not apply the new top up properly as their systems think there are two active bundles at the same time and causes meltdown. You cannot remove the old used bundle by yourself and have to phone up, explain the problem and they have to add data in 6GB bundles with me having to phone up each time they end to get them to repeat the process etc. This usual takes a very long time! It's my contention that Vodafone are essentially committing fraud as they are advertising a service that doesn't work. I have spoken to "customer service" at least 40 times about this and still no resolution at all. Before I go to Ofcom and BBC watchdog does anyone else have this problem?

3 REPLIES 3

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vodfraud1848 - I’m sorry to hear how long it’s been ongoing for and that you have to call us each time. So we ca get this looked into, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

Xenon
1: Seeker

I recognise this problem.  As a regular user I opt for the 15GB package.  Sometimes it tops up other times it does not.  On the latter occasions I end up visiting the local Vodaphone shop where the staff replace the sim card - with the comment that "this often happens with the 15GB package and it is easier just to replace the sim".  Fine but that means the new sim has to be registered to my account.  At present I have three numbers appearing on my account summary page - none of which is the new number.  Although the internet is working I am unable to access my usage, or manage services etc., or indeed attempt to top up on line.  Since getting this last sim a little over a week ago I have "chatted on line" three times and re-visited the shop once.  Last chat 3 days ago still no resolution.  Very frustrating. Can anyone suggest a solution?  

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Xenon The whole context you've explained sounds wrong to me :Socked_Face: I can't see why we'd ever need to keep providing new SIMs? I'd like to take a closer look into this for you. I've sent you some instructions on how to get in touch via Private Message, please follow these steps and we'll get back to you on this very confusing situation.