Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Payg On Apple Os X

euanross
Not applicable
I was excited to read about the PAYG mobile broadband which very much interests me.

However, very disappointed to read that Vodafone have not yet been able to get it working on Apple's OS X operating system.

Do you have any timescales for getting this working?
39 REPLIES 39

nffcmatt
4: Newbie
I think you will be looking at about May for the software to be released for OS X

euanross
Not applicable
Not the answer I was looking for.

Can't believe Vodafone haven't bothered their (removed by moderator) getting it working! Brings back the time when BBC couldn't be bothered getting iPlayer working for OS X at launch.

Shame.

Laurens
4: Newbie
It can be persuaded to work on a Mac if you don't mind a bit initial fiddling.

Have a look here and scroll down to Macdragon's posts.

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?show...t=0&start=0

His workaround applies to Leopard - bit different on Tiger as it doesn't come with a generic driver but a bit of googling found one which works fine.

LCT

KD
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Hi euanross

Welcome to the eForum from all of the team here!! :D

We aren't given timescales on how long it will take for different operating systems to become compatible.

Keep an eye on the Top Up & Go Modem page for any updates.

The suggestion from LCT may work for you though (thanks LCT ;) )

See you round the forum!

B-)

Kirsty
eForum Team

tuxmac
Not applicable
Hi euanross

We aren't given timescales on how long it will take for different operating systems to become compatible.

ghaaarrr !! how come a major company hasn't got firmwear for Mac on its pay as you go BB ! is it right that its enbeded in to contract dongels?

I understand that there is a "work round" , but its not satisfactory as you only pull down half the dongel information.

Vodafone should have taken a look at Macbook sales before failling to support OSX :(

LeeJS
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Good morning tuxmac,

It's always great to welcome a new member to the eForum and I'm sure you'll enjoy being a part of this great community.

You're entirely correct that our Pay Monthly dongles are compatible with OSX and although I'm sure why our TopUp and Go dongle isn't I'll do a little digging to find out why and let you know what I find out.

Many thanks,

Lee

eForum Team

tuxmac
Not applicable
Good morning tuxmac,

It's always great to welcome a new member to the eForum and I'm sure you'll enjoy being a part of this great community.

You're entirely correct that our Pay Monthly dongles are compatible with OSX and although I'm sure why our TopUp and Go dongle isn't I'll do a little digging to find out why and let you know what I find out.

Many thanks,

Lee

eForum Team

Thanks for that Lee and good morning to you too,

I'm going to buy the "top up" dongle , I've been looking around for a no tie mobile BB for a while, the Vodafone package checks all my boxes , fingers crossed that when/if the Mac happy dongle's turn up, they come with a patch . for the current dongle.

tuxmac
Not applicable
Thanks for that Lee and good morning to you too,

I'm going to buy the "top up" dongle , I've been looking around for a no tie mobile BB for a while, the Vodafone package checks all my boxes , fingers crossed that when/if the Mac happy dongle's turn up, they come with a patch . for the current dongle.

just to add, i went to the Vodafone store and got the dongle !! the OS X patch works (I can confirm) , looks like you can get the PAYG to work using the contract firmware,and manually set the connection in Apples "network" app BUT one question, how do you top up once the embedded bandwidth runs out ?????? I'm hoping the "enter payg pin" window opens up when you run out , but not entirely hopeful. :blink:

Neil_Brown
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member
You can top-up via your account online, or else via customer services, I believe.
Neil