Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Prolink Phs100 Use

chasb441
Not applicable
Hi forum. 2 simple questions. I have a Prolink PHS100 dongle which I use abroad with no issues in various countrys with different local sims.
1 - Can I use it on the Vodafone network with a vodafone sim??
2 - If yes does Vodaphone provide a deal which would be suitable? I'm looking for some sort of monthly pay as you go or similar because I do not need all year round usage as I constanly work all over the world. For instance, the middle east provide such a service with 1gb, 3gb and unlimited packages all at good prices and all with a pre or post paid option (using top up cards or via ATMs). Looking at various providers in the UK they do seem to be way behind this sort of setup basicly forcing you into a year long contract and insisting on you using there hardware

Thanks peoples
2 REPLIES 2

Retired-MattyD1
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi chasb441

Thanks for the question and welcome to the eForum :)

This is a bit of a tough one as we don't sell the device you use with your pc, so I couldn't say if it would accept one of our sims - if it accepts other sims though I'd imagine it would take a Vodafone one.

However the proble you'd have is that our usb modems have the software built in, so whether you'd be able to download something compatible from our software pages I couldn't say.

The other issue you'd get is that we don't sell that data compatable sims by themselves, they are always sold with the modems.

You can pick up a TopUp and Go modem with sim card and 1GB of data included for only £39.

I'd suggest this to be a better option than trying to MacGyver a solution with equipment that might not even work together.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

MattyD

eForum Team

chasb441
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply and info. The PHS100 does have software on board and also settings for Vodafone UK. But they look like only settings for a contract setup?? The folloing info is on the proflie setup :-
user name - web phone number - *98# password - **** APN - internet I could live with buying a dongle just for the sim i guess. ok will give it a go if you think its possible