Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Protocol Time Out Error On Ffxi

Vvalentine
Not applicable
I have just (finally) managed to connect my Xp pc (Host) to my Vista laptop (Client) over ICS.

Everything was going fine, fileshare and normal browsing was working well, but then i tried to log onto Final Fantasy 11.

Logging into the startup program of Playonline was fine, but as soon as i try to log into the main game it hangs for a couple of minutes then gives the error code "FFXI-3113 Protocol time out error." The game is running fine on the pc, but on the laptop it just wont allow it.

Any idea's as to what it could be?

Thanks in advance...

Vincent

Just to say i am running the internet through a vodafone USB modem, im not just randomly posting on forums.
1 REPLY 1

KD
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)
Hi Vincent

Welcome to the eForum! It's great to have you with us! :D

From reading your post it sounds as though the modem is working fine to connect to the internet and when you play FFXI on your PC there are no problems - but when you use the same modem to play it on your laptop you are getting this error. Is that right?

If this is the case then that would mean that the modem is working normally and would point to a potential problem on the laptops side.

As we can't support the laptop or FFXI I can only give you advice on the modem itself.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the VMC Lite software.
You can also try restoring Windows to a restore point when this worked (This will undo any settings etc that you may have changed since this restore point).
Try connecting to the internet without using our software. To do this go to Start > Connect To > VMC Lite > Dial.

If you are still getting the same error then it won't be caused by the modem or the Vodafone software. You can get loads of advice on the laptop from an IT professional.

I'm glad I could help.

B-)

Kirsty
eForum Team

P.S If you'd like to get an idea of what amounts of your data allowance you'll be using on different activities with the modem check out our Mobile Broadband Data Calculator.