Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R212 Firmware Upgrade

middletg
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Could someone please tell me where I can get the firmware upgrade for the R212.  I bought an R212 a couple of days ago to replace an old 3G MiFi that I had as we now have 4G coverage in our area.  While I get good download speeds of 30Mbs from 3 out of 5 bars on 4G, surfing the web is painfully slow as the browser (Chrome) constantly says Resolving Host... which I assume means it is doing a DNS lookup.  My diagnostics are:

Product nameR212-Z
Software VersionBD_R212V3.1
Web UI Version2.008.5513
Hardware VersionVer.B(T3)

I am hoping the 3.5 firmware upgrade will help resolve this.  Could someone please let me know where I can download this from and how to install it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You need to factory reset the device, then it wil see it. I had the same problem :Smiling:

View solution in original position

218 REPLIES 218

I regularly find I loose internet connectivity and have to switch the device off then back on to restore connectivity.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mbrisley – It’s possible that this is a network issue – so we can check this, please clarify the following:

• Do you find this happens in multiple locations, or only in one place?
  • If it’s one place, what’s the full postcode?
  • Also, do you find this happens after you’ve been using it in another location (so after it’s been used in another area)?

Hi,

Can you also send me the mail with instructions? I also have problems.

Hi MennoChristiaanMulder,

We can certainly help you, so will need a valid email address.

Update your forum profile with the right details and let us know when it’s done.

We’ll then send the firmware to you.

Hi Fred,

I've had it confirmed that the firmware I sent to you is the latest available.

Thanks,

Andy

Andy, it's done! Thnx

Hi Techteam,

Thanks for sending the beta 3.5 firmware.

I install it, I got the feeling that the 4g connection was smoothter. at least an improvement.

But my original problem wasnot solved:

- When the device get into sleep mode, it will not build-up the connection again.

Because it lost the settings. You need to log into the device and change the connection settings every time.

In more detail you have to complete the number string, because it will lost the last 3 digits. 

I use the device with a local sim (not vodafone) when I'm abroad.

I found the solution for it in the following link:

http://community.vodacom.co.za/t5/Tablets-Modems/Mobile-Wi-Fi-R212-MIFI-4G-modem-allways-need-to-go-...

I installed the firmware version 4.3 (google on R212 firmware 4.3).

Fill in at the tab: Connections

the number setting: *99#.

your local APN: 

and change the how to connect type from "automatic" to "ondemand"

The device is now working fine and I'm happy with it.

Regards,

Joelle

Hi MennoChristiaanMulder,

The email is on its way to you now.

Hi Joelle,

Many thanks for the update and also posting the solution that worked for you.

It may help others in a similar situation.

Andy

Hi Tech Team,  

I am having the same issues with the device, please could you mail me the link to the R212 4.2 version or higher beta firmware.

Thanks

Claudio

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi claudiom and pbnet,

I've sent each of you the latest version of software that we have, to the addresses you registered with on the eForum.

DaveCD