Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R218h DMZ

scrfca
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How do you get to the DMZ settings on the new R218 mobile router? I have spent an hour on th telephone and live chat to Vodafone, but they cannot find them.

5 REPLIES 5

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@scrfca I'm sorry you haven't had the answer to your question as of yet. 

We want to make sure you're given the correct information as quickly as possible, so I've raised your query with the relevant team. As soon as we have an update, we'll let you know 😊

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@scrfca I just wanted to let you know we're waiting on an update for this. 

I've escalated it again, so I'm hopeful we'll have the answer for you soon 😊

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@scrfca Thanks for being so patient whilst we got an answer regarding this. 

So we've now checked on the R218h and it looks like there's no option to configure a DMZ - it's not present on this device.

Given this has been present on our previous devices, such as the R216, the question was raised to ask why this feature is no longer present.

Following this,  we received feedback that the change was intentional as part of the redesign of the User Interface, in order to make it simpler. 

If this is an essential feature for you, please let us know and we'll see what can be done to help 😊

Thank you for pursuing this query. The inability to access DMZ settings limits the types of device (particularly gaming consoles) which operate with the router. I have purchased a R216.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

You're welcome and thanks for letting us know @scrfca!

If we can help with anything else in the future, you know where to find us :Smiling: