Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

R219 Data sim

nibzy
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

I've been using unlimited 4g data sim ( has 5g enabled) which i got from this deal;

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/mobile-broadband/pay-monthly-contracts/mobile-wifi/vodafone/r219-mobile-w...

What I've done is i have taken the sim out of the R219 put it in a Huawei 4g router for better/stable download speed. I've been wondering if i buy a 5g router and put the sim inside would i be able to use this like 5g broadband and not breach any rules or contract? because usually for unlimited 5g broadband you have to pay 60 pound a month and right now I'm paying £17 which will later rise to £33. I'm just confused between hotspot and broadband/router and if can use it in a 5g router, what would be the difference between my sim in my own 5g router  and the 5g broadband (60 pound a month, with their router) offered by Vodaphone and why it costs so much more for practically the same thing.

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I haven't used either so apart from quoting specs I can't say which one would suit your needs @nibzy 

I'm sure there are reviews on YouTube for both and other devices along with reviews on tech sites. 

As long as the Huawei device accepts the sim card i.e unlocked and accepts Vodafone Apn's then you should be good to go.

The Vodafone Gigacube is an awesome device but it can't be unlocked to all networks so it'll only use a Vodafone sim card.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

BandOfBrothers

The best way forward is to speak with Vodafone customer services or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries to ask officially about the status of your account and what connection can be attained.

Just to mention 5G is very much in it's infancy so connection can be a little hit and miss even when in a 5G area. 

So the proof is in the pudding. Try the sim in an eligible 5G device and you'll soon find out.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.