main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Mobile Broadband

R219 MiFi device keeps switching itself off

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I've had similar units in the past without issue. Vodafone have already swapped the new unit, but the replacement is doing the same thing of just switching itself off -  as in I have to go to the R219 and push the power button to start it again.

I've looked in the router settings through the 192.168 web address,  and can't find any setting that would allow it to power itself down.
And to be clear, this is not a flat discharged battery issue.

Any suggestions ?

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

It could be worth checking to see if there are any software / firmware updates available @mark-ellis 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @mark-ellis 

To conserve battery when the device is being powered by battery, after 10 minutes of inactivity the device will go into sleep mode.  When the device has gone into sleep mode you will need to push the power button this will wake up the device and you will see the display flash.  

To avoid having to push the power button try connecting to a mains supply, or from a USB PC connection this way as soon as a connection to the internet is made the device will automatically come out of sleep mode.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi,
The unit has a permanent mains supply, thought I mentioned that in the original post.

It does not wake up on demand despite being plugged in.

When I tried to discuss this issue with Vodafone Technical support, I faced the usual bull of their staff not understanding. There was mention of a way to set it to switch to standby,  but she had no idea of how that is turned off and there is no instruction on Vodafone or in the documentation of how this is turned on or off

View more options
Highlighted

Hi again @mark-ellis 

This is certainly a conundrum indeed.

There isn't much via a Google Search or on the Vodafone Community forum that's similar to what's happening with your unit.

I found this 》R218h-sleeps-when-data-runs-out-or-without-sim. 

If this was my situation I'd contemplate looking at an alternative if no viable resolution was forth coming  !

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui 2.1  / Android 10.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

Samsung Galaxy Buds.

View more options
Highlighted

Many thanks, @BandOfBrothers

View more options