Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rip off data charge

DEVILDOG710
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi ,I've just been charged for going over my data allowance on a mif i device i had 30gb and went over by 27gb this was due to an improper explanation and a technical error.I now have a bill for £800 and a termination fee for 675 and this has been ongoing since April i never received a txt about data usage limit of i could have used my 32gb on my phone .and after 4  months of wrangling i was told my complaint wasn't official !!!!! Really ... I am now cut off and face those bills even though I have a trust deed (bankruptcy) and can't pay it they are sending in the debt collectors ..and that's what happens when your a loyal customer of over 15 years .oh and I have mental health issues and this has broken me ...

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@DEVILDOG710

I really feel for you being in this situation. 

Vodafone supply options to keep a check on data usage and their are various bars and caps available. 

I would suggest to await for the Vodafone Social Media Team here to catch up with your thread and bring you in away from the open forum to pass security checks and they'll help you further with this situation. 

I would also suggest to check your Credit File too due to this is in connection with billing as a default remaining for 6 years could have been applied. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@DEVILDOG710 I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your Mobile Wi-Fi device. I understand how disappointing and worrying this must be for you and we'll be more than happy to take a closer look into this.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team. We'll then be able to help you further. 

Not being funny but 4 months 20 hours of phone calls 7 shop visits and having to swap shifts to make calls and visit the shop ive lost a lot of money with this every department been useless the whole of vodafone needs a good shake up from top to bottom 

AnnS

Hi @DEVILDOG710

The forum Team have offered to look into this for you and Collen has sent you a PM with a link, this will bring up the form you need to complete with your information and details to pass data protection for them to get back to you.  You need to make sure you follow the instructions and put the routing code to the Team in the subject heading by itself without any spaces.

When you submit the form, you will receive an automated email looking something like #123456, you need to put that number on the thread, this will make it a lot quicker to pick up your reply and get back to you as soon as possble.

The Team here are part of Customer Relations and will be able to take ownership of your complaint and get it resolved.

Already spoken to customer relations numerous times and awaiting a call from review team 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry this has taken so long to resolve your query @DEVILDOG710. If you've contacted us using the link in Colleens private message, please let us know the case ref (looks like [#11234567]) from our auto response as @AnnS advised and we'll be happy to chase this for you.

I have 2 refs for this 18795329 which arrived with an email address that nobody heard of and 609501 which was from my 2nd official complaint 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've been unable to locate an email from you with either of the case references provided @DEVILDOG710. So we can help you further, please get in touch via the link in the private message @Colleen sent you and we'll be in touch.

I got an upgrade on my phone and was offered a free Samsung tablet with 10gb data 30 days later to find out it was a new contract as I don't really use tablet it has been kept in the house as I have wifi I've had no problem for 4 month to find my bill today of £495 plus £90 vat I've been charged that for been 19gb over data I was supposed to have a cap on after 19gb but they have charged me is there anything I can do