Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Rip off data charge

DEVILDOG710
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi ,I've just been charged for going over my data allowance on a mif i device i had 30gb and went over by 27gb this was due to an improper explanation and a technical error.I now have a bill for £800 and a termination fee for 675 and this has been ongoing since April i never received a txt about data usage limit of i could have used my 32gb on my phone .and after 4  months of wrangling i was told my complaint wasn't official !!!!! Really ... I am now cut off and face those bills even though I have a trust deed (bankruptcy) and can't pay it they are sending in the debt collectors ..and that's what happens when your a loyal customer of over 15 years .oh and I have mental health issues and this has broken me ...

13 REPLIES 13

I got an upgrade on my phone and was offered a free Samsung tablet with 10gb data 30 days later to find out it was a new contract as I don't really use tablet it has been kept in the house as I have wifi I've had no problem for 4 month to find my bill today of £495 plus £90 vat I've been charged that for been 19gb over data I was supposed to have a cap on after 19gb but they have charged me is there anything I can do 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Aligog It does sound strange that you've received this charge, especially as you've mentioned the tablet has barely been used. 

We're able to access your account to check these extra charges and view a breakdown of when the data was used. Please send us over your details using the link in my private message and a member of the team will be in touch 🙂

[Removed]

That's the number of the tablet

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information, please see Community Guidelines]

pierrofimory
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

@DEVILDOG710 wrote:

Hi ,I've just been charged for going over my data allowance on a mif i device i had 30gb and went over by 27gb this was due to an improper explanation and a technical error.I now have a bill for £800 and a termination fee for 675 and this has been ongoing since April i never received a txt about data usage limit of i could have used my 32gb on my phone .and after 4  months of wrangling i was told my complaint wasn't official !!!!! Really ... FetLife IMVU Canva I am now cut off and face those bills even though I have a trust deed (bankruptcy) and can't pay it they are sending in the debt collectors ..and that's what happens when your a loyal customer of over 15 years .oh and I have mental health issues and this has broken me ...

I would also suggest to check your Credit File too due to this is in connection with billing as a default remaining for 6 years could have been applied.