Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Roaming in Australia

SashaGura
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi! I'm going in a business trip to Australia ##~## and am interested in roaming options in this country / pricing packages. Has anybody tried something?

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic content, please see Community Guidelines]

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You'd need to check the Terms and Conditions of your contract in regards to roaming @SashaGura

Roaming is meant for short term use so any prolonged usage may result in restrictions. 

There is some info also in Here.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @SashaGura

I am slightly confused as you have posted on the mobile broadband board, it is unclear if you are enquiring about using your phone or mobile broadband connection and if you are on a business contract or on a consumer plan.

If you are consumer, I would recommend the Global Roaming Plus contracts, this will give you unlimited access without having to pay the £6.00 daily roaming charge.  If you are going to be paying the £6.00 daily charge it might also be an  idea to ask Vodafone about your credit limit, the last thing you will need will be losing your service.  There is further information for you here: Vodafone Global Roaming

Personally, I wouldn't bother with either of the above, when you arrive in Australia, just pop into a Vodafone Store and get yourself an Australian number to make calls and only use your Vodafone UK mobile to receive calls and texts.  There is no charge for receiving, but make sure you turn off your mobile data.

If you are on a business contract and are enquiring about using mobile broadband abroad, please see this link or contact the Business Team direct for further information :Take your Mobile Broadband abroad

Hope this helps and answers your questions.

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

Check the Aussie networks' coverage in the areas you'll be travelling in - a few years back I did much as AnnS suggests, but found that Telstra gave better coverage for my journey, although I believe that Vodafon Aus has upped its game since then. The Aussie terminology is rather different, but a pre-paid SIM for a couple of months served me very well - and you re-charge it rather than top it up!

Thanks, I was just not quite sure on where to post the question and decided on that topic