Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Roaming with the R218h

Rjsmifi
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was assured the Mifi would work when abroad but it doesn't.

Have had 4 chats without success. Some suggestions were naive such as switching on phone's mobile data which resulted inevitably in the Mifi being bypassed.

I have now formally complained but any suggestions would be welcomed before I go abroad again and have to rely on a now well developed network of free Wifis.

18 REPLIES 18

I understand your frustration! All I can say is this worked for me:

Go to the 'Welcomw to Vodafone Mobile Wi Fi' page (at 192.168.0.1) and login as 'admin'.

Third tab down is 'connectivity' and check the box labelled 'Automatically connect even when roaming'

Other than that, are you getting a Vodafone signal?

Hi, thank you for your reply, The Vodafone sim has full signal when I put it in My mobile phone which makes me feel like it's a dongle issue? 

On the router I can't find the connection tab that you mention. I have the following in the top right hand menu... 

Mobile broadband

Status 

Update device 

Support 

About 

Device 

Unlock 

Then in the main section of the router I have the following...

Mobile Wi-Fi 

On Tango network

Automatic (4G, 3G & 2G) 

Disconnected  (this is the problem?) 

Battery status 

Wi-Fi status (enabled) 

Connected Devices 

Am I right in assuming that I can still use the SIM with the package (I bought unlimited bundles for social media, Netflix, spotify etc) 

As long as my sim is in my phone and I am able to tether it until the dongle is fixed? 

Thank you 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Dibbles18 If your Mobile Wi-Fi device still isn't working abroad after trying the above, we'd need to take a closer look into what's going on. 

So we're able to assist further, please contact our team directly using the information in my private message

Having the same issue here - I tried to go enter the suggested numbers into google but it doesn't appear to be going anywhere to bring a page up to long into.  The page is not valid any longer -  any help would be appreciated as I too was assured this would work in France and having not luck getting the remote wifi to work! Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Bazzana! I'd recommend dropping our Social Media team a message here. They'll be perfectly placed to look into this further for you 👍

can I buy/rent a Spanish sim to use in my R218h

Hey @eddiedorling We can't guarantee that the device will work with an international SIM as it is designed to work with a Vodafone UK SIM, on the Vodafone UK network, but as per this thread, some customers have been able to use the MiFi abroad when using a Vodafone UK SIM that includes roaming. The best team to speak to would be the Mobile Broadband Tech Team on 0333 304 0191.

Ok thanks I will try Vodafone and see what they can offer.

Perfect! Thanks @eddiedorling