Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SCAM

dra1g
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just downloaded current bill and on there is a Sub for Norton Anti Virus iof £4.50 per week, now this has been done when I was not at home, I use other Anti Virus and really would not use Norton if they were the only software on this planet.  It would appear the only way I can get a refund is to give Norton  my Bank Details.  (hell will freeze over before I give a scamming company access to my bank account huge company or not).

I DID NOT REQUEST THIS SERVICE which they have done using my DATA ONLY Sim in our router, there is no way to send a message to stop this service other than talk to idiots on the end of a phone. What they are saying in a roundabout way is now pay us £234 p/a for a service NOT REQUESTED.

Vodafone are the people taking this money and passing onto a third party it should therefore be up to Vodafone to refund this and not us give out sensitive information which could be compromised.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @dra1g

I've seen past posts where a person has been the victim of a subscription service they truly believe was not signed up for. 

It is the usual avenue to use a site such as https://psauthority.org.uk  which has advice on how to proceed. 

Its up to the merchant ie the company that's requested the money to return it to you. 

Vodafone UK have acted upon what they will have believed a genuine authorised request for the funds as many do use such services. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @dra1g

Vodafone have their own internet security for mobile phones and mobile broadband, Secure Net, charged as £1.00 per month it's unlikely they would want to promote a service from an internet security company.  There are also data protection regulations to observe. This information is found here: Privacy Policy

Unlike premium rate services where you receive a text message from a short code number and are able to find information of the sender from the premium rate regulator PSA, to enable you to make a direct complaint to the company and get your money returned, where Norton is concerned, software would have needed to be downloaded and the service activated through a Norton Account.

If you hang on for the forum Team to get to the thread, they will be able to access your account and help where they can.

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

£4.50 per week seems extraordinarily expensive when you look at the prices being quoted on their website. I've no idea of the mechanism by which Vodafone is charged and passes the charge on to individual customers, but I wonder if they, like you, are being scammed by an imposter.

Al
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We understand your frustration at this.

You said this was done when you weren’t at home, do you know how this was able to get added on to your bill?

As this is, as you said a third party charge we wouldn’t be able to refund this, but here’s link that may be able to help you out about these charges: https://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/unexpected-phone-charge