Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sms Takes Ages

rj72
Not applicable
Hi All

I'm trying to set up my account online. When I try to to register it asks for a security code... it states it has been sent to my device via SMS but takes about an hour to arrive, by which time the 20 minute validation period has expired so it is no use.

When I hover over the '?' it states that this code can be found from the Vodaphone dashboard - where abouts on this dashboard is it?
1 REPLY 1

Retired-Andy_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi rj72

Firstly, let me offer you a big welcome to the eForum family. It is always great to be the one to welcome a new user to our online community.

With regards to your question the code will only appear on your dashboard once it has been received by your dongle so if this is taking over an hour to happen there is definitely a problem. This may be caused by your connection to the network not updating properly so to fix it we need to force the SIM to reconnect to the network. The easiest way to do this would be to put the SIM card into your mobile handset, allow it to connect to the Vodafone network, and then transfer it back to your dongle. This should resolve your problem straight away. Can you give this a try and let me know how it goes?

Cheers

Andy H
eForum Team