Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Software On Eee Pc Has Disappeared

Micro
4: Newbie
I was using the software then I closed it now its disappeared. There are no icons any more on the internet menu or the Favourites. How do I get it back?

I have no linux experience at all so it needs to be very simple.
12 REPLIES 12

Micro
never mind i reinstalled it.

How do i view how much i have left?

Neil_Brown
14: Advanced member
You could run the software by opening a terminal and typing:

sudo vodafone-mobile-connect-card-driver-for-linux

In terms of usage, you have two main options
(a) tool in the application, which should give you a reasonably good guide (although, note, since it's based on a cron job running at 5 minute intervals, thre is a possibility it will be slightly out) - it's based on vnstat, and you could install and use vnstat directly if you wanted more control / filtering of results etc
(b) registering for an online account, and viewing it on there.
Neil

Micro

In terms of usage, you have two main options
(a) tool in the application, which should give you a reasonably good guide (although, note, since it's based on a cron job running at 5 minute intervals, thre is a possibility it will be slightly out) - it's based on vnstat, and you could install and use vnstat directly if you wanted more control / filtering of results etc
(b) registering for an online account, and viewing it on there.

i have registered an online account but all i can view is £14.71 how can i get the amount of MB's Used?

How can i topup using a Solo/Maestro card online? as its not listed in the card type box!

Retired-MatC
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hey Micro,

The ability to view how much data you've used isn't available at the moment I'm afraid, it's just a case of using your remaining credit to work this out - i.e £15 is equivalent to 1GB of data.

This is a fairly new piece of technology for us though, so there may well be something brought out in the future to help you count the data you've used, we'll let you know if we hear anything!

As for the top-up cards, Maestro is usually available (it may show as "Switch" still) but I'm not sure about Solo. What options appear in the box for you? Let me know and I'll look into this either way for you.

All the best,

MatC
eForum Team

Neil_Brown
For measuring usage, I'd really recommend vnstat - a great tool.
Neil

Micro
For measuring usage, I'd really recommend vnstat - a great tool.

How do i install it? I have no Linux experience. :unsure:

Neil_Brown
Which distro are you using? Xandros?
Neil

Micro
Which distro are you using? Xandros?

eee pc 701 linux
yeah so it will be Xandros

Neil_Brown
Hmm.. okay.

Have you changed any settings already, in terms of you sources list for your package manager? (/etc/apt/sources.list)
Neil