Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Strange excessive data use on mobile broadband

jeffdawson78
4: Newbie

Hi,

I've very recently - 9 days ago - signed up to Vodafone mobile broadband 50GB plan using there mifi mobile router for use at home on my boat with our laptops.

As I have not used this before I have been keen to see how the speeds compare to my old Plusnet broadband and keep an eye on data usage.

I was therefore very surprised to see my account saying I had used 13GB of data over 2 nights! I checked the usage breakdown and saw a number of very strange readings of the same amount at small intervals:

16 Jan 2107
18:34  990.03 MB
19:33 990.03 MB
21:07 967.97 MB
21:25 990.03 MB
21:41 967.97 MB
21:57 765.02 MB
22:10 967.97 MB
22:30 199.16 MB

17 Jan 2017
07:09 11.49 MB
20.21 990.03 MB
20:35 967.97 MB
20:49 990.03 MB
21:05 967.97 MB
21:21 495.01 MB
21;28 967.97 MB
21:47 990.03 MB

22:05 234.86 MB 

On the 16 I did download a couple of shows from iplayer (approx 1.5GB) but nothing to use anywhere near that much data. 

I called the supprot line this morning but whilst courteous weren't able to do anything other than suggest visiting a store.

Has anyone experienced similar issues and how did you resolve it?

Thanks for any advice!

349 REPLIES 349

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@DaneB I'm getting very confused. I thought eCare was for business contracts, but @TomW500 may have been told (see post #141 above) that the data cap doesn't apply to business accounts?

I can't register with my vodafone as I dont have a vodafone mobile phone, I have emailed them to do it on line but it will not accept the user name or password they sent to me

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lizpughey

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

I have contacted customer services but they cannot log me into my account and they said my wifi cannot be capped, even though the w

ebsite sais it can

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@lizpughey if you follow the instructions in the PM the eforum team will be able to look into it

Yes but the app only shows you the usage since last reset and only works when you use the SIM in the mifi box! Which means you cannot use it in a router (like I intended) and have to watch the figures like a hawk to avoid a huge expensive surprise.

You can also log in to the website and see unbilled usage but you need to total it up yourself as the website can't count it seems.

Sorry to sound so negative but the whole set up is garbage.

Hi

I have managed to log into my vodaphone and it says there are currently no services being used on this account??

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lizpughey Our Live Chat team will be able to reset your online My Vodafone accounts and ensure everything is set up correctly for you.

If you’d like to have the dongle connected to your daughters account, they’ll be happy to do this also.

If you need any further help, please let us know .

@Elaines35 I’m glad to hear this is now resolved for you :Smiling:

Hi, I contacted the live chat team yesterday and today and they cannot help as they say your systems are down

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@lizpughey I'm sorry for the inconvenience, we've been experiencing some issues. 

Please try again later and keep the page open. An adviser will be available to chat, as soon as possible.