main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Mobile Broadband

Strange excessive data use on mobile broadband

4: Newbie
I lodged a complaint as detailed earlier through the eft form. The was done on the 13th February and I'm still waiting on a explanation on the data cap and why the usage log was wrong. Getting a bit impatient now 😤
View more options

@Elaines35

Please log into your My Vodafone account and try this again, rather than using the app.

I can see our last email to you was on 13 February. If you need us to look into this for you again, please reply back to this email and we’ll be in touch.

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi

I cannot log into the account that I set up for the wifi dongle, it doesnt recognise my user name which is my email address, I set up another account yesterday for my daughters mobile phone with user name lizpughey, can I add the dongle to this account?

thanks

View more options
4: Newbie
Finally.....i logged into my vodafone last night again and the UK data cap option is available again. Checked the box and logged in now again and the cap is shown as active form last night. Happy days. Everyone ensure yours is on to avoid nasty bills.
View more options

Hi

I have managed to log into my vodaphone and it says there are currently no services being used on this account??

View more options

@lizpughey Our Live Chat team will be able to reset your online My Vodafone accounts and ensure everything is set up correctly for you.

If you’d like to have the dongle connected to your daughters account, they’ll be happy to do this also.

If you need any further help, please let us know .

@Elaines35 I’m glad to hear this is now resolved for you

View more options

Hi, I contacted the live chat team yesterday and today and they cannot help as they say your systems are down

View more options

@lizpughey I'm sorry for the inconvenience, we've been experiencing some issues. 

Please try again later and keep the page open. An adviser will be available to chat, as soon as possible.

View more options

Hi

This is my 4th day of trying to get this resolved, hav ebeen onto the chat team and they cannot resolve it and told me to ring customer services, I have called customer services and they cannot answer any calls due to technical difficulties.  HELP

View more options

@lizpughey So we can help with this, please follow the steps provided in the private message that will be sent to you shortly.

View more options
Administrator

Hi everyone! :smileyhappy:

The issue with the Mobile Broadband data cap has now been resolved.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

View more options
5: Helper

Alex - Can I ask if that is for business contracts too? If so can you advise where I find where to activate it? In "My settings" it only shows a roaming cap. In "Alerts" there is only a useless option to tell me when a new statement is ready so no luck there either.

View more options

@TomW500 As far as I'm aware, this is for our Consumer customers. 

However, our Business Live Chat team, will be happy to give you more information regarding this  

View more options
5: Helper

Thanks Colleen. Did that and was told that it should have a cap but I'd to call business team which I did. Was then transferred to Migrations and the cap was applied. After all the months of hassle that seemed far too easy so I wait with baited breath to see if it really happens.

View more options
Administrator

@TomW500 That's good to hear that everything should now be applied for you. :smileyhappy:

View more options

Uh-oh - Just got an R216 dongle and the magic 990.03 Mb's has just appeared on my useage 1st time i've used it - obviously not sorted yet - only had it a few days. has anybody any info on this as yet?? - Phil

View more options
17: Community Champion

@ditto73 Groan! I'm sorry to realise that this might still be happening. I'm sure that one of the Forum Team will be along before too long, to look into this for you.

In the meantime, you might be wise to turn on the UK data cap on your account, to ensure that you can't go crashing through your monthly data allowance. This is off by default, but can be turned on as described here (the Consumer Customer instructions). If for any reason you can't engage the data cap, please post again here, so that the Team is aware of it.

View more options

Thanks for speedy reply Annie. can't turn ofn the cap as - after going through all the preocedure it says that i must phone VF - but, surprise,surprise, the number is "not recognised by Bt" - I have no other 'phone. I'm off to fight with currys - so expect anyhting that will be far frome simple - but item is less than a week old - wish me luck!!

View more options
17: Community Champion

@ditto73 Live Chat might be able to help with this - there's a link on the Contact Us page.

View more options

Hi Annie -  have returned dongle to Currys - knew it'd be a long process. currys were brilliant - the techie there agreed straight away and saw the problem - the vodafone guy he 'phoned didn't have a clue and said it was just "normal use".  I explained all the details and had pages from this thread that the currys bloke understood and even put in 990.03 on google and this thread came straight up.! - So disapointed that VF had to be so dim and dismissive as we have really bad internet here and the dongle would be the answer. have cancelled the contract - with a ref number but will probably have Vf try and sue me. What a shame such a potentially good product is handled is such a silly manner. it seems stupidity is being made into a virtue. - regards - Phil

View more options