Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Three Huawei E220 Modem On Voda?

grockel
Not applicable
I have a Huawei E220 modem with a Three SIM and am thinking of changing to the Voda Topup and Go service. I'm wondering if I can use the existing modem and perhaps just buy a new Voda SIM- if that's available. It seems wasteful to just scrap it and buy a new Voda one for £40.
I'm hoping the coverage will be better as my ordinary mobile phone on Voda seems to have better coverage than Three. However I'm not sure if that's a good indication comparing normal phone with 3G, ie if I can only get an ordinary phone signal (not 3G) will it still connect to the internet all be it slowly.
2 REPLIES 2

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi grockel,

Welcome to the Vodasfone eForum from us all.

It's nice to see that you are looking at joining us, However there is currently not an option to purchase just the SIM withoout the modem.

if you wish to procede with this order you can do this by visiting our online store, Visiting your local retail Store or by calling our dedicated sales team.
If you have any questions give us a shout.

I hope to see you around here soon.

James
eForum Team

grockel
Not applicable
Many thanks James, I went out to a Voda shop and bought one today. It almost works! No fault of the system- I live out in the sticks with marginal coverage just 2 or 3 bars of ordinary phone!
The modem connected for about 3 minutes then nowt!
I'll try it tomorrow in Plymouth city for a fair test.
Cheers G