Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Turn off 5G only on Gigacube

demandedx
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, 

is it possible to turn off the 5G part of the Gigacube? 

When I first got the cube it wasn't recieving 5g which I was frustrated with but the 4G+ was giving me 200 down which was more that sufficient so I let it go. Recently though the cube has begun picking up 5G but the speeds it is giving me are so much worse at about 80 down. This is still a fairly decent speed but the latency has risen from 19ms to in the 100s of ms which isn't acceptable. So is there any way I can go back to just receiving 4G?

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

where is this setting in the app, I can't see one, are you sure you aren't turning off the 5ghz signal instead?

Never mind, I found it, there is more than one app on Android, the HiLink app has this functionality whereas the AI life / smart home one does not.

glad you found it. 

I accidentally clicked on 5G only in the HiLink app and had to reset the router, it wouldn't let me change it again via the app. 

So be wary of that folks if you are using the HiLink app. 

It would be much better if Vodafone enabled the proper chose network settings via the router rather than having a fixed auto mode. 

Hello, can anyone take me through the menu options from the Hauwei HiLink app for turning off the 5G network so forcing the 5G Gigacube to use only the 4G network please?

GemmaP
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @GrahamThomson 

Can you make sure you're running on the latest update on both your App and router?

To update your router enter http: //giga.cube in the address field of your internet browser and open the GigaCube web interface.
Select Settings > Updates > Click on Automatic update to activate the function.

In the HiLink App, can you see an option for Network / Network Carrier? You should be able to either select 5G / 4G or auto there 😊

Hello,

My software version installed on my 5G Gigacube is - 10.0.1.1(H321SP2C983)

Using the HiLink App under Network; Network Carrier it identifies vodafone UK as the carrier and when the option is selected it takes me to a screen and a slide button called 'Support LTE networks' which if I try to turn it off comes up with a message 'failed'.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay @GrahamThomson, If you leave this on, are there any other options available to you?

no that is the only option

@GrahamThomson

Please click here to speak to an agent via social media in regards to this. If you can pop over a screenshot of the options you get within your HiLink app, we'll hopefully be able to get you directed to the right place 😊