Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unwanted Router Login Popups / Notifications

SJNR
2: Seeker

How do I stop the Router login (and any other) Notification Popups - They are interrupting streaming and fullscreen Games

I have set the Router admin password, but I do not expect to need to log on every time the Mobile broadband software fires up or 'reconnects' (e.g. dropping service level 4g->3g or simply recovering from a reconnect).

(Windows 10 Home- Currently up to date)

This popup appears regardless of a browser being open.
I have blocked notifications in my default browser (Firefox current)
I have removed any saved passwords for both 192.168.0.1 or vodafonemobile.wifi in Firefox
Router/Dongle : R218h purchaced from Vodafone shop < 7 days ago.

5 REPLIES 5

SJNR

Just to follow up:
I have uninstalled the Vodafone Mobile broadband software and run VMBcleanup and then done a fresh install and still the problem persists...

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for reaching out to us on the Community @SJNR.

You mentioned that you're experiencing issues with the connection which is causing the login pop up to appear. So I can look into what may be causing this for you, please let me know the following:

• What postcode are you using the device in? If you'd prefer not to share this on the thread, please add this to 'Location' in your Community profile page.
  • Did you notice the issue when first using the Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot or has this developed over the past few days?
  • Does this occur at certain times of the day or is this a permanent issue?

Hi - please would you direct message me 😉

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

With the amount of traffic we get through the Community, we don't reply to PM's directly and you'll have received the automate response @SJNR.

I've sent you out a private message so you can contact us - you'll need to complete the form included in it, to get in touch. 

Humm .. direct PM route apeared not to work  - stock feedback email,  hopefully it will still get through 🙂