Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Update destroyed equipment

migola
2: Seeker

I am so ##~## ##~## regards ##~##. 

2 years ago I bought the R216h. Just yesterday I bought a new SIM Card in Portugal for to use again and everything was fine.

Went to the management page and reset the counter to zero. All fine. 

In general, there was written please update the software for more stability. 

So I did. After just all 3 LED are flashing and get no WIFI network more at all. 

So I went to the same store again and got said. Well, your guarantee expired 10 days ago. I shall buy a new router or shall use the software service from them for 30 or 40 bucks.

No reset button nothing mores anymore. ##~## SERVICE I call this. I used the official software channel to update and then this? Worse is that they told me that they have this often but can't do anything. With updating the software the customer wave the rights to complain regards the update. A ##~## strategy would I say is this. 

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

7 REPLIES 7

migola

Any idea what to do to get the initial firmware again on the device without to use virtual Windows running on OSX ?

migola

I thought this is a form from Vodafone? And nobody has an answer at all? Is this really the confirmation that this is a strategy from Vodafone? To publish on the official channel form them a software update which destroys the functions from an equipment from them that the owner needs to #1 purchase a new router or #2 purchase software service from a store?

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

This forum is for UK customers only. I assume you are in Portugal so you'd need to contact your local Vodsfone company

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Champion, does it really matter?  Are you already BREXIT or still in the Union? 

Already virtual borders? Its the same equipment i can purchase in UK. Absolutely the same.

jeffkinn

Yes it does matter because each Vodafone network is entirely separate from every other network. The only thing they have in common is the brand name. There are no other connections than the name. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

AnnS

There is no need to come to our UK forum using bad language.  As @jeffkinn has mentioned, each network is independent, the UK forum does not have any access to Portugal accounts.  The correct forum where you need to post politely of course is on the link below.

https://forum.vodafone.pt/

If you call this bad language then i want to see you how you react in Portugal in the store as they talked to me like i am garbage. 
And it is still a Vodafone store. 
I want to see you if something happens in Tokio and the Forum is telling you "go to the forum form Japan and write in Japanese your request" or how about Arabian or Hebrew?

Or shall I go even to Huawei and complain there because the hardware got produced for Vodafone (GLOBAL) at Huawei?

Yes exactly, it doesn't matter because I didn't complain about a service itself, I complain that an equipment git destroyed after I updated it with a software update, provided from Vodafone which they provide in Australia, Germany, France, UK, Spain, Portugal etc.... 

The hardware is the problem. A hardware which got sold by Vodafone in xx countries. 

Don't come me with a country issue. McDonald, Coca-Cola, Starbucks, all global brands bit also with a global headquarter and you are telling me that a product which got ordered to build from the headquarter for global distribution is after distribution no issue for the headquarter anymore? 

If it would be a country-specific update, ok then I would agree with you. BUT IT ISN'T !!!
You are so wrong regards Portugal and UK forum. I asked regards a solution because I speak ENGLISH my friend and not PORTUGUESE or ARABIC or JAPANESE or or or. But I understood UK forum is just for UK resident people. An advice, purchase never a product outside your country because based on your statement has the person always return to the country to file a complaint.