Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Using Vodafone r201 with my regular sim

Aniseedvan
4: Newbie
An attempted upgrade to ICS using kies on my SGS2 failed last night rendering my phone useless and I'm awaiting a repair bag to send it off for reflashing. Can I plug my SGS2 SIM into my Vodafone mifi to pick up my text messages, given the mifi sim has been getting spam messages since it was activated, I figure this should be fine. Can I assume by using my SGS2 sim in there I can also send SMS as it will use my phone contract SMS? As an addition, is there a landline number I can dial to get voicemails? I don't want to buy another phone for a week but do need some way to get to both of these... Thanks in advance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Aniseedvan,

Many thanks for your post. I'm sorry to read that the update has rendered your phone useless.

I have no idea how you'd be able to send SMS from the R201. Could you describe your intended set-up to me?

Neil_Brown's advice is spot on. You can call that number to access your Voicemails remotely. You will need to change the password from the network default though. So we can help with this I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

Lee

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Neil_Brown
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

is there a landline number I can dial to get voicemails?

07836 121 121

But I believe you'll need to enable remote access to your mailbox, which includes setting a PIN, before you can do this.

Neil

Retired-Lee
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Aniseedvan,

Many thanks for your post. I'm sorry to read that the update has rendered your phone useless.

I have no idea how you'd be able to send SMS from the R201. Could you describe your intended set-up to me?

Neil_Brown's advice is spot on. You can call that number to access your Voicemails remotely. You will need to change the password from the network default though. So we can help with this I've sent you a PM which can be accessed here. If you could follow the instructions in the PM and send us your details one of the team will be with you as soon as they can.

Cheers,

Lee

Hi lee, yes I rang that number, thanks Neil, but it said would SMS me a pin number, to a phone now on it's way to Birmingham!

I was just after reading my SMS on the mifi. I tried it yesterday and got one through, so hopefully I can live with that for a few days.

I've read the pm, and will follow the instructions later.

Thanks

Diane