Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VMB £15 Top-Up now only gives 2GB?

L-Delain
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've just topped up my Pay As You go dongle, and I've noticed that it now only gives me 2GB instead of the usual 3GB, is there an explanation for this?

If this is intentional, why?

I read something about this being introduced in February and it only affecting "10% of users", not once have I seen this happen to me after February until today, any explanation as to why I have suddenly become part of this "10%" would be greatly appreciated.

:smileysad: <- This is a sad face. This makes me sad. :smileysad:

13 REPLIES 13

HHGTTG
5: Helper
Vodafone's excuse was that as only about 10% of users use more than 2GB, they were reducing the amount available from Feb 1st to 2GB/£15. I had never experienced this data reduction but you are now saying that this is now the case - Oh dear! Less data for the same price doesn't sound very fair does it?
However, over the months, although I perhaps shouldn't say this here, I do very use the full data allowance of 3GB but don't see why I should now pay £15 for less.

Surely a better idea would be to have that as a seperate package..?

Jebelious
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
Vodafone sent an SMS a while back advising on this to all customers, their website reflected this a while back now also, another SMS came out to my dongle a month or so advising that the changes were now being reflected.

There was an old topic when this came about:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Mobile-Broadband/NOT-HAPPY-Vodafone-s-2GB-instead-of-3GB-on-Mobile-Br...

back in December when the original messaging went out.

If i have helped please feel free to click on the Thumbs Up below

Hi Guys

Jebelious is correct with the information that has been given, thanks for that :Winking_smiley:

I can confirm that you now get 2GB of data instead of the 3GB that you were previously able to get on Pay as You Go Mobile Broadband.

Martin

eForum Team

The effrontery of Vodafone in this matter is something to behold. Much less for the same price.

And whoever was in charge of this change feels it is honest and acceptable to charge the same price for a lesser product?

It amounts to nearly a 33% increase as for the comment "90 % of customers dont use 3GB" you have to laugh, you have a customer here who wont be useing any GB from voda soon.

Im sorry but i cant accept all the apologies and the apparent feedback that you keep asking for.

Heres my situation:

Im on Income Support and Disability Living Allowance. I well and truly fell into your 10% as i had to top up £15 every 2 weeks because 3GB is a joke. I am on chemotherapy and for me being online is kind of vital as i cant move anywhere anymore due to the side effects.

What you bunch of cowboys have failed to understand is the majority of your 10% are on benefits because they cant afford the ridiculous £129.99 that BT expect to come out and install a phoneline. Oh and you have ensured that most people have no choice but to stay with vodafone for the fact that a PAYG dongle costs so damn much across the board.

So please, what am i expected to do now, because of what you have done i can no longer afford to be online, i guess i should go and crawl to the local tescos and crawl back just to eat. Next time one of you have a brainwave, keep it to yourself or ask yourself who you are actually going to be affecting

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi pineappletree.

Thank you for your post, if I was in your situation I would also feel frustration, and feel this is no longer suitable.

Vodafone do regularly change the tariffs available, this is to stay in line with all of our competitors and remain up to date.

Our VMB £15 does now give you a 2GB allowance and I cannot amend this, these can be seen on our Data Tariffs.

I appreciate this is not the answer you may have wanted.

ManyThanks

DaveCD

eForum Team