Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Video Pass and browser usage

Umayal9
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I've gotten mobile broadband as we can't get home broadband where we are. We've also gotten the video pass. I was told when i signed up for it that I could use it on my computer but then the images on the video pass imply it's only usable via an app. 

eg if I use the Netflix app on my iPhone it uses the video pass, but if I use Netflix via my Safari browser on my computer it will use the mobile broadband data allowance. Is this true? because then that's useless for me as I want to watch things on a bigger screen. 

6 REPLIES 6

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Umayal9 this is from Vodafone t&c’s. 

13 You can tether another mobile device or tablet to your phone, tablet or MiFi device, and enjoy the endless data from the apps included in your passes. Tethering to other devices such as your video game console, TV, or through a smart device such as Chromecast, Roku, or Fire TV Stick, is not included in your passes.

This was also a reply from @Alex

A laptop would be classed as a computer rather than a mobile device, so wouldn't be included within the pass. 

You're also unable to apply a data cap as this will not work alongside any of our passes. 

Hi @63johnw 

thanks for this. So the Vodafone person who sold me this pass completely missold the product! Great. I’ll be cancelling at the end of my 30day trial then 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Umayal9 I'm sorry to see your Mobile Broadband with Video Pass isn't going to suit your needs and I do apologise for any misinformation given. 

As you've mentioned you're within your first 30 days, you can find our network satisfaction guarantee here

Not sure I agree with this answer.

My husband watches YouTube both on his laptop and through his Xbox and it all comes out of his video pass allowance.

He even watches the grand prix on his laptop via skygo and this also only comes out of the video pass and not the main 50gb data

Hmmm that’s confusing because if the admin says I can only use apps but your experience is that you can use it via a laptop, who knows the true answer? 

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

@Killerb16 Your husband should keep a close eye on his data usage! There have been a few cases reported of people who seemed to be getting data that they weren't entitled to under a pass, then the "wormhole" was closed, presumably in some adjustment to the system, and a very large bill for OOB data was the unfortunate result.