Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vmc Phone Browser Starter Has Stopped Working

Aulus
Not applicable
I have a Vodafone Huawei E220 that has worked fine, but now has a slight problem. Would appreciate any advice.

I am running Vista, fully patched.

When I plug in the E220 I now get a message "vmc phone browser starter has stopped working" and the VMC Lite software doesn't start.

I *can* use the modem, by using Vista's Connect to a Network option and then selecting the stored VMCLite dialup connection and using the details remembered by Vista.

What this doesn't let me do is use the VMC Lite control panel to swap between 2G and 3G (it has always defaulted to 2G, and I have always had to use the select network option in VMC Lite to pick the Vodafone 3G network when it's been available).

Also, but less importantly, I can't monitor usage. Vodafone customer service told me I could monitor usage on the Vodafone website, but to do that I have to register, and part of the registration process is that Vodafone text a pass code to the device. Couldn't get through to customer service that because the VMC Lite won't start, I can't access texts the E220 has received.

I have tried removing the VMC Lite software and drivers from the computer and letting them reinstall from the E220, but that hasn't made any difference - the "vmc phone browser starter has stopped working" error still pops up and VMC Lite doesn't start.

Any suggestions as to how I can get full functionality back?

The "CD" drive says it's V. 2.1.6.1 and the files are dated 16/4/2007.

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Retired-Reidar
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Aulus

The best way to resolve this would be to upgrade the VMC software entirely.

The version you're running from the cd drive is V 2.1, in order to acquire version 9.3 you'd need to acquire an internet connection then download the latest installer from our Business Site

You'll need to uninstall all traces of VMC before you proceed, :)

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team