Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone DNS settings to use for Video pass

r4w
4: Newbie

Hi all,

Does anybody know what DNS servers I'm expected to use on my devices if I want to use the Video pass as I'm not getting a clear answer anywhere?

Vodafone chat (technical support) doesn't know their own DNS servers and I'm pretty unsure if the google ones are supported at this point.

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

@Joe wrote:

Hi @stuart_cossar @r4w we have multiple DNS and depending at the time of connection these details may change for different customers. @r4w Don't change the DNS on video pass as if you do so, the data usage may come off your normal allowance and not the inclusive on your Video pass. At what point are you getting the FQDN error and what device?

Joe

Joe, I have a standard Huawei travel mobile router which, sometimes, doesn't resolve the FQDN properly and I wanted just to check if it's the device, the connection or the final device (a tablet) giving me nightmares.

As stated above, Support ended up in infinite loop of it's a Video pass or a network issue and the complaint I have opened ended up with "you have to buy a Vodafone device".
If you have more than one DNS server working with VideoPass, you can share the information with us. Otherwise, I'm happy with the one I found as it's working for me (as well Stuart's one).

@stuart_cossar wrote:

Hi @r4w, where did you get the DNS server address from eventually?

I am in a simialr situation but with a pay monthly account I am sent 10.206.64.1 as both primary and secondary DNS servers:

Profile 1 = ACTIVE* **
--------
PDP Type = IPv4
PDP address = X.X.X.X <--- obscured for security
Access Point Name (APN) = wap.vodafone.co.uk
Authentication = PAP
Username: wap
Password: xxxxxxxx <--- obscured for security
        Primary DNS address = 10.206.64.1
        Secondary DNS address = 10.206.64.1

* - Default profile
 ** - LTE attach profile

I have used Net Analyzer on my phone as I couldn't get anyone from Support to comment on what it is the right one. 

pierrofimory
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

@r4w wrote:

Hi all,

Does anybody know what DNS servers I'm expected to use on my devices if I want to use the Video pass as I'm not getting a clear answer anywhere? Audacity Find My iPhone Origin

Vodafone chat (technical support) doesn't know their own DNS servers and I'm pretty unsure if the google ones are supported at this point.

Thank you.

I am in a simialr situation but with a pay monthly account I am sent 10.206.64.1 as both primary and secondary DNS servers:

I believe we should start to compile a list of Vodafone's DNS :Winking_smiley: