Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Gt9404 Datacard Firmware

nige67
Not applicable
Hi,

I've been trying in vain to update the firmware on both my Vodafone datacards from 3.17Hd to 3.20.3Hd, following advice from customer services to use the download available on the vodafone.de site. I have Mobile Connect 9.3.6 installed in Windows XP Home SP3 & the drivers & card function properly. Following the instructions on the above site to the letter, when I attempt to update, the progress bar stops just beyond half-way and a message in red says "You cannot update the card with this firmware". I've tried both cards on different machines with the same end result!

The exact model of the cards is: GT 3G+ EMEA (Option Nozomi GT9404-10546).

As far as I know, the firmware checks the card to see if the above numbers match EXACTLY, so I guess a different (UK specific?) version is needed??

Any help would be gratefully received - thanks!

Regards, Nigel.
4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Nige67,

You're quite right, the firmware is region specific. Our customer service channels should definitely not be pointing you towards Vodafone DE under any circumstances, so sorry about that!

You'll find all the available firmware and software for your modems on the UK website here :)

I trust this helps.

Jon

eForum Team

nige67
Not applicable
Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I've followed that link before, which doesn't offer anything but the latest version of Mobile Connect. Several other network operators (T-Mobile UK etc.) have offered version 3.20.3 firmware for the Option Nozomi, but I've still drawn a blank.

I'd appreciate it if you could please try digging a little deeper to see if an update exists - possibly the manufacturer Option can assist you? Thank you.

Regards,

Nigel

Retired-MatC
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi nige67,

Thanks for letting us know, I've double-checked the page myself and can see that it does only link to VMC software in this case, so apologies for that :blush:

Having checked into this for you, I'm afraid I can confirm that 3.17 was the last version to be approved for use by Vodafone UK - hence why 3.20 hasn't been made available to download via the site Jon pointed you towards.

I've emailed our device management teams just to be sure, but I fear that 3.20 may never be made available here with this now being a discontinued device - however I'll let you know once I've heard back for sure.

Is there a particular reason for wanting to update the firmware by the way?

If you have any other queries in the meantime then let me know, otherwise I'll be back in touch shortly :)

All the best,

MatC
eForum Team

nige67
Not applicable
Hi Matc,

Thanks for looking into my mini-firmware conundrum! I'd heard via the net that version 3.20 offers some "improvement" in functionality. As you mentioned, Vodafone UK may never have had a customised version provided by Option, although other UK & overseas operators did, which is slightly odd. :wacko:

I'm crossing my fingers, as my indoor 3G signal is only 16-19% using one of your "lolly stick" antennas, so I guess I need all the help I can get. I hope your GSM only mast by the A40 will be upgraded soon! :)

Thanks!!

Regards,

Nigel