Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone K3565 Dongle and Window 7 (64bit) and VMC 9.4.6

Colin
Not applicable
Greetings,

Wonder if anyone could help me?

I have just purchased a second Vodafone K3565 Dongle along with a new Dell Laptop Inspiron 1545 with Windows 7 (64bit) operating system for my Aunt.

I have download the new VMC software version 9.4.6 from the Vodafone Business website as per these forums.... as I understand the new 9.4.6 software drivers support windows 7 (32 and 64bit) operating systems according to the read me document.

(Please note that I already have a K3565 Dongle that I use with another laptop running Vista and all works fine)

My Problem:
Tried installing the new VMC software version 9.4.6 onto the laptop using Windows 7 (64bit) and it won’t load.

Error message is ....

"The wizard was interrupted before Vodafone Mobile Connect could be completely .....

Question?

Why won’t the new software load? Does VMC version 9.4.6 run on Windows 7 (64bit) as per the read me doc?

Any help would be appreciated in getting the software loaded so I can then plug in the Dongle and get it working.

Thanks
NZSA

PS: I don’t have a IT background so would really appreciate basic terminology if possible.
11 REPLIES 11

Colin
Not applicable

This is the problem, I am in Holland and my dongle stays in the UK, I have recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 7, doing a clean install of the 64bit version, I have downloaded the VMC 9.4.6 onto the laptop ready to be unpacked should there be any problems with the older version.
The place where I stay in the UK has no internet accsess so I am relying on the dongle working with what I already have as I will not be able to download anything there.
I have managed to connect a Huawei E160G just using the network and sharing center in Windows 7, so I have three option when I get to the UK again, old original version (preloaded on stick) new VMC 9.4.6 (ready to be used on laptop) and Windows 7 network center.
So it's just fingers crossed I suppose.

Hello All,

Just thought I would update you.

My K3565 Dongle is now working.

1) Sorted out the 2738 Vb script error by re-installing Windows 7. Factory install didn’t have the correct registry files or they were corrupt.
2) Thereafter was able to load the new VMC 9.4.6 onto Windows 7 without the wizard error/timing out.
3) Plugged in the Dongle - VMC couldn’t recognise the dongle and gave me some RAS628 error etc etc.
4) Called Vodafone technical support and they wanted to know the Error message code (RAS628) and knew exactly what they need to walked me through (few steps) checking the device manager settings on the VMC dashboard. Custom setting and etc etc
5) Rebooted my laptop
6) Dongle was recognised by VMC 9.4.6 with no errors and I connected to the net!

In short I am running the K3565 dongle on Windows 7 (64bit) with VMC ver 9.4.6 and it is working.

Cheers
NZSA

Rapidapoio
Not applicable

Hello All,

Just thought I would update you.

My K3565 Dongle is now working.

1) Sorted out the 2738 Vb script error by re-installing Windows 7. Factory install didn’t have the correct registry files or they were corrupt.
2) Thereafter was able to load the new VMC 9.4.6 onto Windows 7 without the wizard error/timing out.
3) Plugged in the Dongle - VMC couldn’t recognise the dongle and gave me some RAS628 error etc etc.
4) Called Vodafone technical support and they wanted to know the Error message code (RAS628) and knew exactly what they need to walked me through (few steps) checking the device manager settings on the VMC dashboard. Custom setting and etc etc
5) Rebooted my laptop
6) Dongle was recognised by VMC 9.4.6 with no errors and I connected to the net!

In short I am running the K3565 dongle on Windows 7 (64bit) with VMC ver 9.4.6 and it is working.

sory but formating its not a solition
i have the same problem and cant format the pc
vbscript older version and wizard geting of withe no error code in the new version
i tried all
unregistering keys
*.DLL
run as administrator
compatibility mode etc
cant fix it

Cheers
NZSA