cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Mobile Broadband Device - Broken???

Skipper1723
2: Seeker

Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could offer me some advice with my issue regarding the mobile broadband device I am using.

So I’ve had this device for 5/4 months now and it’s been working well until last month when it didn’t start working, the 3 lights on the device was green but it didn’t let me connect on the internet so I did a little “tinkering” and I think I made it worse. I went onto the device setting using the Vodafone app and pressed an option and can’t remeber what it was called but then the device name wasn’t showing up on my WiFi options in the Settings on my iPad. I’ve visited my local store and they had no clue how to sort this out. I’ve tried removing the sim and the device is fully charged.

please help!!!!!!

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Most devices have a Reset / factory reset option @Skipper1723

Perhaps check if yours has which should then take it to the same state as it was out of the box. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Skipper1723

From what you have written you would benefit from a complete uninstal and reinstal of the device.  You will need to remove all traces of the product from your ipad and make sure the icloud copy is also erased.

When this has been done, clear cookies and set up as a new device.  You will also need to download all the necessary software from this link.  Mobile Broadband Software

Skipper1723

Update:

So I went back to my local Vodafone store and I was helped by a brilliant staff, she was able to identify that my device had a restriction due to a late payment, so they’ve sorted this out and I was told to wait a day until it should be ready again however I’ve tried this morning and my mobile broadband (mifi) is still flashing green but the device name isn’t available on my Ipad’s WiFi setting.

what should I do? I don’t want to keep bothering them at the store.

Kind Regards 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Skipper1723 That's great that a member of our store staff has been able to identify the problem for you, but slightly strange why it's still not working 🤔

So we're able to check your account and go through any further troubleshooting, please contact us using the link in my private message