main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Mobile Broadband

Vodafone WiFI on London Underground

Masango
2: Seeker

Hello to everyone,

my name is Davide, I am new to the forum but long standing Vodafone client.

I cannot connect to Vodafone WiFi (Virgin WiFi is working ok) on the London Underground with my new unbranded Samsung Galaxy S6. Despite I am registered on the service and can use the regular Virgin media WiFi hotspot, the automatic one does not works, it keeps asking me for a login/password/identity, whereas it should be automatic. The login/password that I provide to the regular hotspot does not work here. My old Vodafone Uk branded HTC One Mini 2 connects automatically to Vodafone WiFi but it was preconfigured by Vodafone. Could you give me more info on how to make it work? How can I connect Vodafone WiFi with my Samsung Galaxy S6 please?

Best Regards,

Davide

View more options
10 REPLIES 10
saadmoreea
4: Newbie
Hi there, I've been having this issue since I joined Vodafone over 1 month ago. The customer service has been so poor I and wsh I never joined. So many complaints about various things,not getting anywhere, and so much time wasted.

The London underground wifi issue is really p-ING me off though I get the same issue as yourself. Only once they managed to rectify the issue and it worked for one day.

Basically they issued me a temporary user name and password and when I tried it the next day on tfl it worked fined but when I changed my username and password to something I wanted and tried it the following day but stopped working.

Now i keep emailing the tech team but they just ignore me.

Can'take belive how poor the staff are at Vodafone. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Done get me deterred of guys who are based in EGYPT, OMG!
View more options
Retired-EricChe
Moderator (Retired)

@saadmoreea @Masango

Please make sure you've followed all the steps and suggests here.

If you have, and you still can't connect, please contact our Live Chat team, who will be able to look into this for you further.

View more options
saadmoreea
Looks like once again staff at Vodafone for not listen or understand English, useless.
View more options
Edoardo2015

I dont think you live in London, i dont think you hve ever put your food in London. Otherwise you wouldn't give that "texted" book asnwer to a problem that thousands of us are experience. 

You are probably somewhere in a far remote part of North Ireland "pretending to be in London"

Which part of the hundreds of messages you can read on the forum that you don't understand? 

Your "texted" book instructions are NOT WORKING

View more options
harryb

Hi - does anyone know why Vodafone have discontinued support for TFL wifi on new or renewed service plans?

I recently renewed my plan and found that vodafone wifi wasn't working any more. On contacting Vodafone I was told that all new plans do not have the TFL Wifi capability. They have given some more data allowance to make up for this, but that's of no use whatsoever when I'm underground and there is no mobile signal.

I'm having to move to a different operator that supports TFL WiFi. Thinking of 3 mobile, but apparently their customer service is even worse than voda...

View more options
Tash

@harryb You'll be able to access WiFi when on the London Underground so long as you have either:

• A Big Value Bundle when on Pay as you go
  • Data included in your plan if you're a Pay monthly customer
  • A business customer 

Try the steps we have here when logging in and let us know how you get on.

View more options
harryb

I gather this policy has changed. After renewing my monthly plan Wi-Fi on London underground was no longer available. It doesn't matter to me now because I'm leaving voda  

Harry 

View more options
jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

I have been assured several times by the social team here that there are no plans to restrict or withdraw WiFi on the Tube and that CS personnel who are giving out this information are wrong.

I'll be using it in about half an hour!

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options
harryb

Apparently it's only on renewed or new contracts. It was working on my old contract, and stopped working when only I took out a new contract. When I asked to leave & revert to my old contract it started working again. I tried customer services a couple of times and got a consistent message.

Now that I'm back on my old contract it's working fine.

Another data point - normally disconnections are super keen to keep you - but as soon as they heard that I was leaving because of the wifi then they made no more fuss. Sounds like it's well know inside of vodafone. Just not communicated.

View more options
Mark

There are no plans to remove access to the London Undergroud WiFi services from our Customers @harryb.

So we can look into this for you, please get in touch with us via private message I've sent and we'll be happy to help.

View more options