cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Whrich data usage number should I believe?

theoldsmithy
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have a 50gb/month data allowance for the mobile broadband device plus a video pass. The my vodafone app on my phone shows no data usage at all against the mobile broadband number. The mobile wifi monitor app on my ipad shows a total of 54gb used, but that is since the device was switched on and must include video, so that is useless. The account page on the vodafone web site says I have used 0.02 gb in the last month plus 13gb on video. To be honest I have no idea how much I have used in the current month. Does anyone know where to get this information? It’s pretty crucial since I currently have no fixed line broadband. BTW, what happens if you go over the monthly allowance?

3 REPLIES 3

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear there's some confusion over your usage @theoldsmithy. The data being used via apps included in your video pass won't use impact the usage in your plan. The usage shown through your My Vodafone will be correct. If you exceed the allowance included in your plan, you can data using one of our awesome Extras. If you're still concerned about the data you're using, please get in touch with us as advised in the private message I've sent.

Hi Mark, I find that the number quoted in My Vodafone for usage on the video pass looks reasonable. At least, it increases when I watch Netflix or Amazon Prime. However I cannot believe the 0.3gb usage recorded against my 50gb data allowance. It must be 20gb at least.  If I keep track of the total recorded in the wifi monitor app, and subtract the video pass number, would that be more accurate?

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@theoldsmithy Your My Vodafone app balance reflecting would be the most accurate to go off, as this mirrors our billing system which generates usage and charges directly from use on the SIM in real time.