Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why Can't I Watch Youtube Videos?

scorpiocat39
Not applicable
Since purchasing my dongle, i am unable to view any Youtube videos for more than a couple of seconds (it then starts buffering.) I have looked all over the internet to try and find a solution to this problem, and was advised to first delete my personal data (including my cookies and cache) then to update to the latest Adobe Flash Player. I did all this, but to no avail. I am extremely frustrated with this whole situation, as what i like to do most on the internet is view video (especially Youtube) but i cannot watch any videos at all on the web. Does anyone else have this problem, and what can i do about it?
2 REPLIES 2

Retired-Reidar
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Catty

I suspect the issue isn't regarding a setting or error on your handset, you're able to view a few seconds of video which means the settings are correct. Mobile broadband (unlike WIF or a fixed internet line) operates via a data channel, it's communicating like a mobile phone with the nearest mast.

The quality and performance of streamed video (like Youtube) depends largely on your signal connection speed, the better the signal the better the quality of your video, buffering occurs automatically and you may be suffering from a slightly low signal.

There's a handy Coverage Map tool available on our website, it's worth having a look at your respective area to gauge 3G coverage.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team

scorpiocat39
Not applicable
Hi Catty

I suspect the issue isn't regarding a setting or error on your handset, you're able to view a few seconds of video which means the settings are correct. Mobile broadband (unlike WIF or a fixed internet line) operates via a data channel, it's communicating like a mobile phone with the nearest mast.

The quality and performance of streamed video (like Youtube) depends largely on your signal connection speed, the better the signal the better the quality of your video, buffering occurs automatically and you may be suffering from a slightly low signal.

There's a handy Coverage Map tool available on our website, it's worth having a look at your respective area to gauge 3G coverage.

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team

Thanks for that! :)