main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Mobile Broadband

Why is my site blocked by Content Control?

Highlighted
2: Seeker

I'm a Vodafone Australia customer on holiday in the UK, where i've picked up a pay-as-you-go Vodafone SIM. I've noticed that my thoroughly innocuous and G-rated little blog, http://markhugh.es , is blocked by Vodafone's Content Control filter, despite the (disappointing) lack of nuditt, bad language, or any other "adult" themes for that matter.

How do I go about getting my site removed from your blacklist?

View more options
217 REPLIES 217
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

Spoiler
Just call customer services, they will take a credit card to prove you are 18, charge £1 to it, and give you £2 or something credit and it can get removed, or go to a Vodafone store with proof of age and they can remove it for you ! 

Just call customer services, they will take a credit card to prove you are 18, charge £1 to it, and give you £2 or something credit and it can get removed, or go to a Vodafone store with proof of age and they can remove it for you ! 

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply but that's not what I'm asking - I don't want Content Control removed from my account, I want my website removed from the Content Control filter so that other users who have Content Control enabled are able to reach my site.

View more options
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

I'm guessing at some point you have had somethin on the site that Content control has taken a disliking to (might had been a wingle word months ago)

Spent a while digging and came across this aritcle in the help section of the site. It gives you a link to follow to check the category of a site and allow you to recategorise it if you think it is wrong.

From the address you gave for your site  it appears you have been put in the 'Adult/Mature' category, might be worrth running it yourself and they requesting re-categorisation to whatever you feel is more appropriate

View more options
Highlighted
15: Advanced member

I have a website which contains, amongst other things, articles showing how to repair certain airguns. To avoid being classified as unsuitable for minors I have to asterisk out part of the word which is normally used to set the airgun ready to fire, which is also the name of a male hen.

American sensitivities are a strange thing. Try typing "knocked into a ######ed hat" in here which is a perfectly polite British phrase but which offends the american forum software that is used on this site and all you get is hash marks. 

The results in the BlueCoat site shown in the Vodafone link does not explain why Proxify.com is listed not as adult but as "Proxy Avoidance" yet Vodafone classes it as unsuitable for under 18's.  

View more options
Highlighted

Hello,

My blog/portfolio website www.iamdanwalsh.com is blocked by vodafone content filtering and it doesn't contain any profanity or nudity so please can it be unblocked.  I don't want my own adult content filtering lifted as this would only fix the issue for me and I have friends/clients on vodafone who are unable to view my site.

Thanks,

Dan

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi danxw,

Many thanks for your post here.

I have flagged this with our support teams for you so that it can be assessed and recategorised for you.

Once I have an update I will post back on this thread for you.

James

View more options
Highlighted

Hi James,

I am also having the same problem with one of my sites.

www.tubstapsandtiles.co.uk is a bathroom, kitchen and bedroom shop site and is being blocked by Vodafone content filtering.

Please can this be fixed

Thanks

Tom

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there tombrooks1990,

Strange!

I've requested for this to be reviewed and will update the thread when I've had a reply.

Cheers,

Lee

View more options
Highlighted

The link to the help page about finding out why a site is blocked no longer works:

http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&PARTITION_ID=1&CONFIGURATI...

What is the process for getting a site unblocked?

- http://www.runtherace.org.uk/

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi sidf and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here.

It looks like that website is miscategorised. We’re in the process of getting it re-rated.

Thanks

Wayne

View more options
Highlighted

Is it possible to unblock our site www.mountain-goat.com, we sell mini bus tours in the Lake District so the site should be accessible to everyone.

Many Thanks

Richard

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the heads up! I've passed your website address on to the relevant department to see if we can get it recategorised. We'll be back in touch once we have an update. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben 

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hey Richard,

Thanks for your patience here.

I’m just popping on to let you know that this has now been re-categorised for you and you should be able to access the site.

If you have any problems, please let me know.

James

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Ben and James

Thank you very much for getting this sorted, it works perfectly now.

Thanks again

Richard

View more options
Highlighted
1: Seeker

My site is also blocked (Link Removed) although it's been fine for years until very recently.

The site contains a diray and booking information about naturist swims, but there are no pictures of nudity or anything else which could be considered offensive.

Presumably the word "nude" is enough to make people think something seedy is involved, when there isn't.

How can I get the site reviewed and removed from the adult blacklist?

Thanks

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there roddersvoda,

Thanks for your query.

I'll request for this to be reviewed for you and we'll update you once we've had a reply.

Thanks,

LeeH

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi again roddersvoda,

We've had a reply to your query and the site is rated as 'Travel' which means it is not within the Content Control restrictions.

Please could you let me know what is happening when you try and access the site including any error messages?

Cheers,

LeeH

View more options
Highlighted

Is it possible to unblock our site (removed as per T's&C's)  we are a design agency so the site should be accessible to everyone please. There is no nudity or anything on my site.

Many Thanks
Barrett

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Bluecrayon,

I've requested for this to be reviewed.

I'll update the thread when I've had a response.

Regards,

LeeH

View more options