main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Mobile Broadband

Why is my site blocked by Content Control?

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi James and the tech team,

Thank you for picking this up. Your help with this is very much appreciated, especially so as we'll have a book launch soon (this is why I was trying to check the site's appearance on a mobile).

Many thanks

View more options
Highlighted

Hello James & the team,

Please could you give me an indication of when the content control on my website will be changed?

many thanks,

Jh

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there jh25,

Please accept my apologies. I've just chased this up.

As soon as we hear back we'll update the thread.

Regards,

LeeH

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi again jh25,

Just an update. Your site should be ok to view tomorrow :Smiling:

Let me know if it doesn't show up.

Cheers,

LeeH

View more options
Highlighted

Hi LeeH, James & co

It does display now (not very well but that is something I can look at). Many thanks for you help with this, it is much appreciated.

BRgds

JH

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jh25,

If you have any comments regarding how I have handled your query today, please complete our short feedback survey.

James

View more options
Highlighted

Feedback completed. Thank you for you help with this James.

View more options
Highlighted

I too have found that the website I set up to enable duty officersto access telemetry data while in not in the office is blocked by content control, I cannot see any way to request that the site be reclassified. There is no 'adult' content on the site, no ecommerce of any sort, nothing to offend even the most sensitive people on earth!

The address is (removed as per Ts&Cs)

Who do I contact / How do go about getting the site off your blacklist?

Martin

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi martinhs,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I’ve requested for this to be removed form the filter and will let you know when it’s been done.

James

View more options
Highlighted

That's great news, thanks. :Smiling:

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi martinhs,

Our support teams have confirmed that this isn’t in the filter and works fine when tested with a normal Pay as you go SIM.

Can you let me know what phone you are using and the exact error message you see with the URL to the message?

James

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Lee,

Our website is also blocked. It has a racey name but is actually just a simple dating website. The name is meant to be tounge and cheek. We've been running for 7 years and are the largest dating site for older women and younger men. Do differnet to match or any other dating site other than we opperate in niche.

The domain is: (URL removed)

Can you review it and remove it from the list?

Thanks,

James

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi TBWJames,

As dating websites are classed as 18+ sites, we can’t remove them from the content control filter.

James

View more options
Highlighted

Hi James,

I'm still getting the problem :Sad_face:

The url returned is http://online.vodafone.co.uk/en_GB/assets/static/contentcontrol/unbranded/restricted_access.html

The text says:

Content control

Restricted Access

You are not able to access this service because content control is in place.

If you're 18 years or over, you can remove content control by contacting your mobile service provider's customer support team.

The handset is a blackberry and the same problem is experienced by other people in my organisation. Can send my phone number by pm if it helps.

Cheers,

Martin

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi martinhs,

No need to send it via PM.

Please click here to send it to us and we'll be in touch.

Cheers,

LeeH

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Lee,

Our site is also being blocked. Can I PM you our link?

Thanks 

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi eapollo,

Please post the link on here and we'll see if we can change the filter settings for your site.

Cheers,

LeeH

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks 

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi eapollo,

I have asked for the site to be reassessed but as there is a section on the site for “smoking”, we might not be able to remove it form the filter.

James

View more options
Highlighted
1: Seeker
Hello, just got a sim only broadband for my ipad and it's been blocking me for content control. What can I do to remove it please? Urgently need to access some sites now.
View more options