main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Mobile Broadband

Why is my site blocked by Content Control?

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi Ben,

I made a lot of effort to haven't any video under 18. There is not this type of content on my website since several years, and i don't want this type of content on my website. So, do you have example page, url of pages you consider under 18 ?

If you realy find something i'am able to erase it.

All of the content of this site is sport or humor videos, not sex and violent video.

cheers,

Dje

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi yoppla,

We'll need to look a bit further into this for you.

You can find out how to get in contact here.

Thanks

Ian

View more options
Highlighted
Hello, can you please unblock my website from content control. It is a tennis coaching website to help out fellow tennis coaches and is approved and promoted by Tennis Ireland. My website is www.robcherrytennis.com

Thanks
View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi eagleeyes11,

I'll get this passed on to the guys who handle the filter for you.

Dave

View more options
Highlighted
Ok great thank you, could you let me know please when it is fixed?
View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi eagleeyes11,

We've checked this and the site isn't blocked at this end. We've been able to view it on test phones using the content control bar as well.

Give it another go for me and post back what you see when it loads. If we can see the error message it may shed some light for us.

Dave

View more options
Highlighted

Hello,

I've tested it on two of my friends phones who are on Vodafone, all other networks and wi-fi it works on.

When I type in my webpage into the address bar I get the following error:

It redirects to http://10.163.19.253:9501/XMPBlocked/always.html

Below it has a Red No Entry sign and text is No Entry Access denied.

Thanks.

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi eagleeyes11,

Thanks for that information.

I've fed this back to the team dealing with this and asked them to investigate.

As soon as we get a response we'll come back to you.

Thanks

Ian

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi eagleeyes11,

I've had a response and I need some more information from you.

I need your mobile number and the device you're using when trying to access the site?

You can find out how to pass this information securely here.

Thanks

Ian

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Ian, I tried but it said to enter my mobile number and it said enter a valid UK mobile number. I live in Ireland! My mobile is (removed for security) and I'm using a Galaxy s4. Thanks

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi eagleeyes11,

As this is the Vodafone UK customers, we will only be able to check this on a Vodafone UK number at network level.

Do you have a Vodafone UK number that you can use?

James

View more options
Highlighted
14: Advanced member

@eagleeyes11 wrote:

It redirects to http://10.163.19.253:9501/XMPBlocked/always.html

If it redirects there, that's a redirect happening within the Vodafone Ireland network — you would need to contact Vodafone Ireland either to check whether your site is blocked at a network level, or if your SIM is configured for content control.

Neil
View more options
Highlighted

Ok no problem, thanks for your help.

View more options
Highlighted

Why is my site blocked by Content Control?

Yesterday, I showed our new first page to some friends and unfortunetely on their devices (tablet and phone) is blocked by Vodafone's Content Control filter,despite the fact Mind the Flat is a free property search site. 

I will really appreciate if you could check the website (link removed) and let me know what shall I do to remove my site from your blacklist?

thank you,

Doriana 

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Dori,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We can help with this.

Find how to get in contact with us here.

Thanks

Ian

View more options
Highlighted
1: Seeker

Our website (removed as per T&Cs) seems to be blocked. Can you add the site to a white list

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Ian, 

sorry the email bounce back. any other suggestions? 

thank you,

Dori

View more options
Highlighted
16: Advanced member
Hi there

You have to follow the instructions you were given exactly. Enter only the 6 letter code into the subject line and nothing else - no spaces, letters or words. The reason your message bounced is because there was some thing other than the code in the subject line.

PWIAC

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi mattflash123

Thanks for your post.

I’ve requested that the web link is removed from our content control bars.

This should be updated in the next few days and we’ll post back when it’s done for you.

Hi Dori

If you follow the instructions that drey_p has posted, the email should reach us.

Thanks

Simon

View more options
Highlighted
1: Seeker

Hi Tech Team,

My website www.nesc.co.uk is also blocked.  There is nothing in there of an adult nature as it is simply an engineering website.  Any chance you could review and unblock my website too.  Also, I've been through all the posts and looked for a website link that I could request this on an automated form.  I couldn't find one but think it would be really useful.

Thanks

Ben

View more options