main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Mobile Broadband

Why is my site blocked by Content Control?

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Hi Gemma,

Can't say we're terribly pleased about this. A few other sites have been blocked for the same reason yet the bigger companies remain unblocked. We will be escalating this to the Managing Director of your company. We have been using Vodafone for our business phones for years and will be sure to move to another operator once the contract is up.

Regards

Rob Newbery

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Rnewbs

We have very strict policies in place for this, as some products aren’t suitable for minors.

Thanks,

Sukhi

View more options
Highlighted

Hello Any news on this please ?

Spencer

View more options
Highlighted

Hi, my website too has become access restricted (Removed by Moderator).

Please can this restriction be removed as the content in way justifies this requirement (graduate recruitment).

Thanks,
James.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi, my website too has become access restricted (Removed by Moderator).

Please can this restriction be removed as the content in NO way justifies this requirement (graduate recruitment).

Thanks,
James.

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi, 

@spencergunn – As mentioned by Kay, the site has now been reclassified and is no longer blocked by content control. 

@pilchjam - I’ve sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Thanks,

Jamian

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Jamian, thx for message. Can you confirm if my site (Removed by Moderator) has now had access restriction lifted? I have not received confirmation either way. Thanks, James.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi, my website (removed for security) is still access restricted. Please remove restriction. It has been several days now..

Thanks,
James.

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @pilchjam

I can see that we’ve been in touch by email on 10 May.

Please refer to the email for further information.

Thanks,

Sarah

View more options
Highlighted

Hi, yes I received the email but unfortunately it did not help. I am told that my website (removed by Moderator) is not access restricted yet I cannot access from my Vodafone mobile network. It is curious that this seemingly simple request is taking quite so long to resolve.
Perhaps it may help to introduce a standardised system for customers like myself to access and log/process our requests, rather than using forums like this? Just a thought.

James.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @pilchjam

I can see we’ve got your email reply, so we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Jenny

View more options
Highlighted
Note .comoj.com not .com
View more options
Highlighted

Hi

ive just noticed a load of my websites are also blocked

my hosting company have told me that Vodafone's content filtering is blocking it

the websites are

www.tssmediagroup.co.uk

www.touchscreensystems.co.uk

www.tssdesign.co.uk

www.tssphotography.co.uk

www.av-digital-signage.co.uk

www.takeawaydeliveries.co.uk

none of the websites are over 18 content, nudity, or gambling

please can you recategorise them

many thanks

View more options
Highlighted
Hi, my website www.unikoor.comoj.com is still being access restricted. It is now 4 weeks since my original posting and no sign of resolution?!? Please expedite.

Thanks.
View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

@chriswhite170 - I've passed your sites on to be checked.

However, I can see that the third link has adverts that would mean it stays as content restricted.

@pilchjam - I've asked for an update on your request.

Thanks,

Ben

View more options
Highlighted

Hi Ben

the 3rd link is www.tssdesign.co.uk

all the adverts you mention are portfolio work and links to the other sites listed in the previous message

they are not adverts as such, just using some space up on the site. they are not paid for ads

i dont see why they should be causing it to be content restricted

please check them and you will see what i mean

if really needed i can get them removed .....

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

@chriswhite170 - The ad in question is the one for 'lust models'. This flagged up on the terminology filters.

The other sites aren't blocked by content control, however we can't seem to access them on Vodafone handsets.

We're investigating this further and will post back with an update. :Winking_smiley:

@pilchjam - Your site has malware detected, so we'll be unable to lift the restriction.

Please speak to your web-master or hosting service to troubleshoot the cause.

Thanks,

Ben

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @chriswhite170

Good news, we've managed to isolate the cause and sort it.

The sites mentioned should now be available on Vodafone devices, even if content control is enabled. :Smiling:

Cheers,

Ben

View more options
Highlighted
Hi, please provide further info on the malware referenced. This is the first I've heard about this?!?

I have screened my website for malware and nothing is coming up.

Appreciate your help here..
View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @pilchjam

I'm afraid we don't have specifics, just that the site is blocked due to suspected malware.

It's also blocked on my desktop PC. 

As I mentioned, you'll need to speak to the web master of your site or the company that's hosting it for you for support.

Thanks,

Ben

View more options