Vodafone UK - Maintenance
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Mobile Broadband

Why is my site blocked by Content Control?

Highlighted
2: Seeker

blockPage

For www.runescape.com

Please can this be recategorised ASAP.

View more options
Highlighted

@ModPharazon

I’ve passed this to the team for review – we’ll let you know as soon as we have a reply.

View more options
Highlighted

@ModPharazon

The restriction to this site has now been removed. :Smiling:

Thanks,

Jenny

View more options
Highlighted

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to you regarding my companies website, which for some reason has been deemed as 'adult' and requires extended verification for users to access it. The website in question is zuvacci.com, a clothing store which launched last year.

When the website first launched we never had this issue, however in the recent months it has been brought to our attention. The website works fine through most home wifi connections, however on mobile devices where the restrictions are seemingly increased, customers cannot access the site.

We originally presumed that it was a software or coding issue on our end, so we have reset our entire websites c panel and nothing is left, nothing is installed, however when any mobile users on networks such as o2, t-mobile and EE, vodaphone, three etc they get a warning message which i have attached a photo off.

You can also find details attached of our newly reset control panel, with our security software such as site lock and SSL encryption.

We have also tried contact UKCCIS with no luck and are currently in communication with the British Board of Film Classification who suggested we speak to the network providers first.

We would very much appreciate your cooperation as we are now out of options.  When our cpanel was reset the ip address also changed, however zuvacci.com, uk.zuvacci.com are still blocked.

Please email preferably (removed for security) if you need to message us away from this thread. If you have any legal queries please email (removed for security)

If not i look forward to your reply here,

Kind Regards

Jai Chopra
Director

(Removed for security)

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

@ZUVACCIAdmin - Welcome to the eForum.

I’ve passed this to the team for review – we’ll let you know as soon as we have a reply.  

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

@ZUVACCIAdmin - We've had a reply and we're not blocking the site.

Can you let us know when the block is happening, what type of device or phone is being used?

View more options
Highlighted

Hi there, it is happening on mobile android devices, Samsung note 3, 4 and galaxy s6. But happens when connecting via mobile data,

I have attached some examples ive been spent from customers who have been attempting to access it. I request, if you or anyone in your team could please download a new browser, any browser, and then connect to your mobile data, not wifi and try to access the site. If it is now working that means, that the blacklisting may have been lifted which is great, as we have been in contact with numerous companies and two who have contacted their suppliers of the databases who lifted the block.

Highlighted

@ZUVACCIAdmin

Thanks for getting back to us. Unfortunately, as none of the attachments provided show the error message when accessing the site using our browser, we've been unable to look into this for you. 

If you can please provided a screenshot of the page you receive when accessing it using a Vodafone handset, we'll be more than happy to investigate this further for you. 

View more options
Highlighted

Hey there.

All issues our customers were facing have all been fixed and it is now accessable by everyone who previously had an issue.

Maybe vodaphone use the same database as another network who lifted our blacklsiting.

Thanks again!

View more options
Highlighted
1: Seeker

Hi,

Please could our website be reclassified (its currently maked as Adult Content I'm led to believe). Our domains are:

liteip.com

liteip.org

liteip.co.uk

Many Thanks

James

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

@tgljamesuk Thanks for letting us know.

This has been passed onto the team to review and we’ll be in touch once we have a reply.

View more options
Highlighted

@tgljamesuk

Our rating partner has reviewed Liteip.com and agreed to amend it. Our content filtering will be updated shortly.

I can confirm the other two URLs aren't blocked by content filtering.

View more options
Highlighted

Hi,

Could you please remove our site from your content filtering system.

www.gioteck.com

We manufacture video game accessories here in the UK. Our contentt is fit for all, with no bad language / nudity etc.

Kind regards

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

@83maximus83

I’ve forwarded this to the relevant team for review.

We’ll be back in touch as soon as we hear back.

View more options
Highlighted
Moderator (Retired)

@83maximus83

This should now be sorted. Can you allow 24 hours and try again?

View more options
Highlighted
Helo i have still problem with this

You are not able to access this service because Content Control is in place.

If you're 18 years or over, you can remove Content Control by contacting your mobile service provider's customer support
team.

View more options
Highlighted
16: Advanced member

Hi there

You can remove content control online via your My Vodafone account or by calling 191. For both these options you need a credit card. Alternatively, pop into your local Vodafone store with photo IDand the staff there will help,

PWIAC

View more options
Highlighted

I think there is an issue with the new client of the www.runescape.com client, named NXT, when I try to launch the game I get the error in the attached picture. It might be blocked from your side ( I am very, very sure of this because I can play the game perfectly when on Wi-Fi or direct cable )

View more options

Attachments

Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi - My website is also on some kind of vodaphone blacklist so it's not displayed to all browesrs depending on their persaonal settings. Could we please re categorised to address this. The webiste is:

http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk

Many thanks

David.

View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Hi - My website is also on some kind of vodaphone blacklist so it's not displayed to all browesrs depending on their persaonal settings. Could we please re categorised to address this. The webiste is:

discount-supplements.co.uk

Many thanks

David.

View more options