Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Why is my website blocked?

Jcoulthard72
2: Seeker

I have a business webpage which has happily been working for many years. Today it seems that anyone using Vodafone is unable to access the page. 
There’s been no changes to the site and it’s not adult. 
access is ok from other mobile providers. 

Address is www.acpcs.co.uk

any help would be appreciated. Vodafone’s answer was to send me a text saying I can now access adult sites! Which wasn’t the issue anyway. 

18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jcoulthard72 wrote:

Thanks. 
those are all the things Vodafone have suggested like it’s just my phone. 
Surely someone in Vodafone must understand how to fix it?

The problem is generally not finding someone who knows how to fix it - they undoubtedly have some smart techies in their core network teams.

But getting an appropriate level techy to view the problem to start with, making it past the support scripts the call centres have to follow as standard operating procedures.... until someone gets the chance to look at it who can fix it.  That's the problem.

@Gemma probably remains your/our best hope, as I've given up going by the call centres.  Next step for me is to cancel 30+ sim cards and move them to EE.

Hi

yes you are correct! 
Im struggling to anyone to confirm that it’s a fault!

oddly we’ve found a couple of people who can still access the site on Vodafone. But more can’t than can!

Julie 

I don’t know who fixed this issue but it’s now all working again. 
the customer service team couldn’t tell me who fixed it or even if it was the cause of Vodafone. 
Hopefully it won’t happen again. 
Thanks for the responses on here!

kind regards Julie 

Hi @Jcoulthard72 🙂 thanks for keeping the thread updated and letting us know it's working for you now. 

We've also updated the classification of site to prevent this happening again and this will complete by 2am on Friday 8 July. 

Hi 

this has happened again. Any suggestions?

thanks. 

@Jcoulthard72 - We don't want this to cause any inconvenience for you. I've just tested this from a Vodafone mobile and it's loaded ok. So that I know we'll review the site with the right team, please can you let me know what error message is being displayed? Does it mention Secure Net or Content Control? 

Hi

theres no error message it does seem to be working at the moment. 
Kind regards Julie 

Ripshod
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Take a look at your hosting and in particular your DNS. I'm seeing an error in your SOA, which must match on both the site's server and the DNS server(s) and both should have the same serial (though cloudns should sync this info with your server).

Other than that your site scores green. 

Jcoulthard72

Our business website is not loading on any Vodafone device. 
This happened last year and took ages to fix. We cant afford to lose sales at this time of year so how do we get it fixed again? www.acpcs.co.uk