Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

data cost

leewatkinson
1: Seeker

We have just received 2 bils for over £3,800 for 2 mifi data sims. In februsry I spoke to avodafone after it showed that the data on 1 sim was rocketing above the 50gb, the vodafone rep assured me that the information I have recieved was in correct and that we had only used 39gb as aopposed to 69gb that the mifi was indicating. This said all went back to normal only to receieve a bill at the end off the month for £3,800. After numerous calls I was assured that the deadlock team would be intouch to deal with the bill and the data.

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @leewatkinson

WoW that's a very sizeable bill !

All posts are read by Vodafone Team here and as this involves billing and Account access can you please let them catch up with your thread to engage with you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @leewatkinson

If you purchased the data contract after 26 September 2016, by default, you should have a bar on the account to prevent you going over your usage.  Vodafone should also have sent usage alerts.

There is further information on data capping on the link below.

What are data caps?

If you did not remove the cap, this will need to be escalated to find the reason for the charges.  Give the Team here time to get to the thread, they will soon sort this out for you.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

I believe that the UK data cap (as opposed to the roaming data cap) is OFF by default, assuming that your account was established sufficiently recently for you to be eligible. But the apparent lack of alerts is worrying, to say the least. Have you been able to see the detail of your data usage via your account? If so, does the pattern of usage make sense in terms of when your devices were active, and also speed of usage in relation to the signal strength you receive?

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@leewatkinson This isn't good to hear. 

So we can access your account and look into this for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

CoopMJ
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have had a very similar experience. I purchased my mifi data box in 19th February and I was told it would be capped at 50GB!! On 1st March I had a message come through to say I was  already 6GB over my 50GB limit!! Not only that but an initial payment of £25 was taken on 27th February for period 19th Feb to 19th March and then another bill was issued for the same period with another £25 plus £188 for the extra 6GB of data used!!!! I feel this is extortionate and that it should not have been possible to use that much data in just 11 days. After contacting Vodafone twice I am still no closer to getting an answer and I am an extremely unhappy customer who will never go back to Vodafone!!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear this @CoopMJ, we'd like to take a closer look into what's happened so we can help.

Please follow the steps provided in the private message that will be sent to you shortly, and a member of the team will be in touch.

I've had the same issue. Purchased a 50Gb MiFi and it worked like a dream. 

When I got my bill it showed that I'd used a huge amount of data for which I was to be charged £195. At no point did I get an email or SMS to tell me that I had gone over my limit.

When I spoke with support I was told that there was no way to contact me with a warning.
This is despite me being a customer of the business for more than 15 years, having 2 vodafone numbers and them holding my email address. 
There is no way I would have wanted to go beyone the orginial 50Gb of data had I known that this was happening, and i'ts staggering that Vodafone didn't send some kind of alert via any of the channels registered against the account. Very disappointed in a company that I've enjoyed a great relationship with up to now.

Help please! I can't afford this money coming out of my account.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@rgahewitt - I’m disappointed to hear this.

I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch, so we can look into everything further.

Thanks, but being told to call a number that I've already called isn't that helpful.

When I called I this number, twice in fact, I was told that I was liable for the data charges, despite never having been alerted.

Not sure how this forum is supposed to help if your response is "Do the same thing you've already done three times already"