Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

nuc unlocking tool

niknakjb1963
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

have received an nuc for my k5160 dongle but when i follow instructions to ulock it says email mailto:nucresolutions for an unlocking tool..

When i do this i get an email sending me back to the nuc request form, so am going round in circles as I already have the code !!

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @niknakjb1963

Please see the link here: How to use your Network Unlock Code

Although the dongle is not listed, if you choose Huawei R207, it should be the same process.

There are also a previous thread for unlocking a dongle here:  https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-OS-Unlocking/Unlocking-a-mobile-WiFi-device/m-p/2605348#M66004

If you still have problems, please contact Vodafone through the Customer Service channels or come back to the forum.

just tried that...it jsut says i'm not connected to the internet...there's no ip address on the device itself and using the ip address mentioned in the instructions gives the above result. Have also tried the ip address i found using "My computer"  but that does exactly the same. Does the new Sim have to be "Active" because if so that isn't the case, i've just put an old 3 sim in there which I haven't used for ages

AnnS

Hi @niknakjb1963

You have to use an active alternative SIM card or you won't be able to connect to the internet.  Your old 3 SIM won't work.

didn't work with Wife's giffgaff sim either..think it's the ip address that's the issue