Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

r216 mifi device and ios

chriglv
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i have a r216 mifi device that connects to the internet and works ok. However, when i try to access its admin web pages from an ipad or iphone running ios 11.2.5 it does not respond, all i get is a grey page and rotating circle. This hapens for Safari, Chrome and Firefox and also the built in browser in the ios vodafone mobile wifi app. if i try to access the admin web page from a PC it works fine and from a MAC it only seems to work with Chrome and not Safari.

Does anyone have any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

@chriglv That's very strange, that it works with some browsers and not others 🤔 So you can't seem to get it connected to an iPad or iPhone at all?

Thank's for raising this to us, I'll make sure that it gets forwarded to the relevant team for further investigation.

That's correct. Chrome on a MAC or PC is OK but not on iPad or iPhone

Safari on MAC or iPad / iPhone not ok

I seem to recall that it worked ok on my iPad last summer - the only difference since then being an upgrade to ios11 so maybe that is the culprit

TJ

@chriglv Keep an eye out for future software updates and let us know if this rectifies the issue at all 🙂

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

@chriglv

I noticed that https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Mobile-Broadband/Mobile-broadband-K5160-dongle-will-not-connect/m-p/... refers to a problem with a later version of iOS affecting a different device.