Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unlimited data SIM in a router

welshconnection
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all , new to the community and wondering if anyone can help please..

Bad Broadband via landline where I live , no fibre. Callec at local Vodafone  store and was told I can put unlimited mobile phone SIM in my huawei A5573s a small mifi router. This has worked quite well and am getting better speeds than adsl. ( 4-5 ). Now , I saw that the huawei B593 is supposedly goid at picking up weaker signals and thought I might be better off with that. 
So bought an unlockec one of "that " site..  put my mobile phone nSIM in it and powered up, everything  seemed to be ok  but it wont connect to the internet. Wlan light is fllashing and mode light is blue.Ive tried everything I can think of but no good , will not connect. Doesnt even appear to find the carrier.

So Im wondering if it could be an APN issue?  But with it being a mobile phone SIM card , what do you actually put in the APN settings . The mobile phone vodafone settings or a router data APN settings.

Any help or advise appreciated..

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @welshconnection 

Please see here: Why can’t I connect to the internet on my Mobile Wi-Fi device or data dongle?

If you click on the device guides link and scroll down to data devices, you will be able to see how to set up the device for internet access and most viewed guides.

Hope this helps. Ann

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS

Hi @welshconnection 

Please see here: Why can’t I connect to the internet on my Mobile Wi-Fi device or data dongle?

If you click on the device guides link and scroll down to data devices, you will be able to see how to set up the device for internet access and most viewed guides.

Hope this helps. Ann

Hi,

Thank you for the link and the info. I will take a look tomorrow and see how we get on .

Think I've done my head in today :Smiling:

Thanks again, will let you know how I get on..

D

Hi again,

just had a look at the link / info  and gives you the APN settings for monthly contract , which mine is, now will this be the same for the mifi router huawei A5573s and the bigger huawei B593 . Both of these are technically data routers and Im using an unlimited data mobile phone SIM will this be the same APN setting ? thanks and sorry for being a pain..

Hi again,

everything now working as should. APN changed and connected straight away .

Thanks for your assistance, appreciated.

D

I’m having the same problem. Have an unlimited phone sim. Want to test out the signal ans speed on a Netgear Orbi LTE Router. Wont connect. Using wap.vodafone.co.uk but it’s not even connecting to the network. Is it possible to use a phone sim in a mobile router or is it for phones only?