Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

usb stick k4203 installation

puzzled1
2: Seeker

Help please.

Installation of k4203 problem getting software to download. Windows 8. I have blinking stick (network found), but when I go through networks I get prompted to insert mobile broadband sim (which I have).

Suggestions please,

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@puzzled1 Is the problem that the software isn't downloading on your computer or that your USB dongle isn't registering the SIM card?

puzzled1

thanks Alex,

I feel the sim is not being recognised, disconcertingly the small leaflet supplied with it says "how to set up your mobile wifi" and I understand some people who purchased through Argos were supplied with a wifi sim rather than a data one.

My windows 8.1 networks recognises my ethernet connection and indeed an unamed Mobile broadband one. When the latter is clicked it invites me to enter a username/password which doesn't make sense to me. On my networks page, below the Broadband,  I am also prompted to insert a sim which suggests that it may well not be being recognised.

For whatever reason there is no software being downloaded.

Ar

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@puzzled1 If you do have another device to test the SIM card in, please give this a go and let us know if it works in the other device. 

If it still doesn't work or you're unable to test this, please contact us using the link in my private message as we'll then be able to check your account and look into the next steps to take.