Ask

Solution

video pass, music pass terms.

MrSelvis
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

Two questions really.

1. The Video Pass states "Amazon Prime Video" as included, I have Prime but does that mean anything I stream that is rented from Amazon Videos is not included? It is surely from the same servers.

2. Music pass - it covers Spotify etc. but doesn't meantion Sonos - If I stream my spotify using Sonos speakers will this be included in the pass?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@MrSelvis We've just heard back from one of our contacts who looks after our Vodafone Passes

1. Good news! Yes, rented videos (TVOD) from Amazon will be covered as they're part of the Prime Video service - happy streaming 😊
  2. Are your Sonos Speakers connected to your Wi-Fi and playing Spotify? If this is the case, any usage will come from your Wi-Fi allowance rather than your Mobile Phone or Mobile Broadband. 

I hope this helps! Do let us know if you have any further questions 🙂

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

"If you’re using a virtual private network (VPN), a proxy, or your device is configured to an external domain name system (DNS) other than Vodafone’s DNS, then your Passes won’t work and any data usage will come out of your monthly allowance - It's my understanding that your Sonos wireless speak will run using a local DNS server, therefore you would be charged."

That seems a rather casual way of dropping a bombshell like that, This should be flagged up in BIG RED LETTERS on the passes page so people can check DNS settings. A lot of people (me included) change the settings to , for example, Google servers to smooth the browsing experience.

Why are these things so complicated ? They seem designed to catch you out, the fact that the data cap will be turned off and some content isn`t (or may not) be covered by the passes looks like a sure fire way to be landed with large unexpected bills. I would need clear terms in writing of what is and isn`t included before considering one of these plans.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Unfortunately the Pass Ts&Cs don't shed any light on that. Knowledge may build up as the Passes continue, but for the moment it seems to be confined to the info on the support pages linked to above.

I'd guess it's down to how the Pass Partner flags things such as the ads between streamed songs, whether they are covered or not**, but the combination of no data cap and uncertainty over what is covered strikes me as pretty scary.

I confess I have difficulty imagining a situation in which I had enough data signal for streaming anything - if I manage to check emails when out and about, it's a major triumph - but I think I'd want to know a bit about the track record before signing up to one or more of the Passes.

** If I were an advertiser, I think I'd be pretty cross if potential customers were put in the situation of turning off data to avoid the ads.