Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

3G works but no 4G :(

Dark_Knight
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I have purchased an iPhone 7 with iOS 10 three weeks ago and I cannot get 4G to work. I am in an area with full 4G/LTE signal. I have checked the apn settings and they are set to pp.vodafone.co.uk / wap / wap and the LTE Setup (optional) options have been set to pp.vodafone.co.uk / web / web as per instructions from Vodafone. (I am on pay as you go) Even if I leave the LTE options to blank I still cannot get 4G to even show up on the signal bar. 3G works fine. I have spoken to your call centre multiple times as this has been going on for 3 weeks and each time the issue is escalated and "A senior engineer will fix the problem within 24 hours" well weeks later it still does not work. I know someting was done as I received a carrier update message a few times and this was sucessfully applied. On Moday I finally had enough and phoned to make a formal complaint and was told a manager would call within 24 hours and to date no one has called. I am really fed up with this poor service, one way or another I have been a custommer of Vodafone since 1996 and I am really dissapointed. Please finally help get this problem resolved.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Dark_Knight

Can I ask what postcode your in or if you wish use this link to fill out the Network Template > Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

I use the Apn's from > Vodafone Apn-settings#iPhone.

I haven' used an iphone in a while but when I did they had a setting that allowed for 4g etc to be turned On. 

Something similar to...

Tap Settings.Tap Mobile Data.Tap Mobile Data Options.Tap Enable 4G to select how you'd like to use 4G. You can turn it off, select Voice & Data, or choose Data Only. Select Off if you just want to connect to the 3g network.

Are you able to test your sim in another phones to see if 4g is attained then ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

I am actually out of the country, but the same thing happens in Poland and Slovakia. I haven't tried the phone in the UK as I haven't been back for a month. My previos phone wasn't 4G so I don't know if 4G ever worked on my account. Vodafone know I am abroad as they asked me to manually select different netowrks which are "Partner Networks" and this made no difference. I know where I am is full 4G / LTE reception as my collegue has a Polish SIM and it works fine as soon as I change the apn settings.

Yes I have tried to change the Mobile Data options to 2G then 3G and finally 4G and this again made no difference. One of the people from Vodaphone's call centre said they knew what the issue is as it is affecting other custommers as well but he didn't know when it would be fixed.

There has been past previous posts with some people also experiencing the same whilst abroad. 

The difficult thing for Vodafone U.K is that they have no direct control over a foreign network. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

So we can look into your 4G for you, @Dark_Knight I've sent you a private message with details to get in touch with our team.