Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G connection issue

Andy2892
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a HTC U11, over the last week I've realised I've not had connection mainly at my workplace only, despite my phone showing 4G and not having any problems before.  I've turned my phone off/on which rectifies it for about 10 mins and then it happens again but still shows 4G.

I would ordinarily put this down to potential changes in the area or general connection issues  as it seems mainly to be at my work place however some colleagues on Vodafone are experiencing the same so I'm confident it is not my phone.  My works mobile also on Vodafone is experiencing the same problem and again similar with colleagues works mobiles but not all.  Very frustrating as I've no idea if the situation has rectified due to showing 4G and only when I turn my phone off and on am I aware that my phone has messages waiting to be received.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @Andy2892

Are you all attaining a Network Connection so you can make calls ?

Can you try changing the phones connection settings to force 3G and 2G to see what happens. 

As this is happening at work and nowhere else and your work colleagues are experiencing the same then I would agree its most probably not your sim card or phone at issue. 

In order for the area to be checked please launch the following official Vodafone Link and copy and paste the template along with your answers into your thread please. 

Vodafone Network-issues-initial-checks-and-template.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, yes it is as if everything is working as normal on the phone Incoming and outgoing calls and normal text messages aren't a problem it is just the network side of things we're experiencing problems with despite showing 4G connectivity

I'm unsure how to force 2 or 3G One thing I noticed though when I turn my phone off and on in the 10 minute or so period it works it shows the H as oppose to 4G and once showing 4G is when the connectivity stops. As mentioned previously if it was a case I simply didn't have a connection in that area then fine but because I don't actually know due to showing 4G then it is very frustrating.

BandOfBrothers

The settings are normally in your Network connectivity section in your phone's settings. 

For further assistance please use the template. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks found the 2 and 3G settings.  I'm at work later so will see how it goes although having to change it each time I'm at work is a little annoying but at least if it works in the short term it's better than nothing.

Well setting my phone to 2 and 3G worked in that my phone has network just a bit strange that's what I need to do in order to get connectivity and also with my works phone whilst at work.  Not sure if this is something Vodafone can sort? 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Andy2892 If you fill out the template which was previously provided by @BandOfBrothers, we'll be able to take a closer look for you 🙂

You're able to find this on our network troubleshooting thread.