Welcome to Vodafone Community
Since around 1030 this morning my iPhone XR has stopped working on on 4G. I've called 191 and done a network settings reset, as well as sending a "WEB" message to 40127 and I've also checked the settings manually. Have also rebooted phone several times and tried removing and replacing SIM card (as swapped SIM to another phone). Not got many more ideas.
1) Does the issue happen in just one location? No it happens everywhere (From PE1 3ya down to RH2 9PQ )
2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? It happens everywhere
3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone? Yes, it happens in an old Android phone as well
4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs? No Error Message, just no network (e.g. Safari will say it cannot load the webpage; WhatsApp will stick at "connecting")
5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all? 4G. Making a call drops the connection to 3G and messages start to arrive. Forcing it down to 3G in network settings also brings the network back to life. But setting 4G for "Data" or "Voice and Data" and it fails.
6) When did you first notice this issue?
1030 this morning, 07/01/2019
7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?
Permanent since this morning.
@pboyall - I’ve checked the network at those postcodes and you should get good 4G coverage. There are currently no faults in either area and the local sites all look to be performing as expected.
Try turning your phone off for 10 minutes as you may need to update on the network. It’s also worth trying a manual roam. You can use our device guides for help with this.
Ended up with a call to support and when that didn't resolve it, did a live chat, had to have my account reset and in addition to ejecting the SIM for 15 minutes and rebooting that cleared the issue. Not been told what the underlying root cause was unfortunately.