Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4G signal strength loss in SL1

aw2003
4: Newbie
I'm fortunate enough to live close-ish to a mast here in Burnham, and usually the 4G in my house is a good 4-5 bars (iPhone 6s plus).

However - yesterday the 4G signal strength dropped to 1-2 bars and my phone is either selecting wifi all or 3G, depending on where I am in the house.

Network issues are reported (on the Vodafone network issue checker) on a cell on the other side of the Thames in Maidenhead - is this my local 4G cell? My local Vodafone cell is located on the Hitcham Farm, I think, just off Taplow Common Road.

Just wondering when 4G quality will return to normal.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@aw2003 We've recently resolved an issue with one of your surrounding cell sites (30035). The issue we've resolved may have been having an impact on your local 4G cell site (77935). 

I've checked the sites 4G performance and it appears to be stable. 

If you're still having issues, please contact us directly using the details from the private message I've sent to your inbox. 

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

A person can Register for Updates from within the Link you mention for the Network Checker. 

2) Why can't you give me a timescale on the fix?

Link > Network-queries-frequently-asked-questions.

Can you try rebooting your phone by turning it Off and On or Airplane mode On and Off to see if this helps it in connecting to your more local mast. 

Vodafone supply a Network Template to use Here.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

aw2003
I'm a mobile phone air interface software test engineer by trade. I've tried all those 😉

aw2003
Thanks for the template link though, I'd forgotten about that:

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?
Yes - home at SL1 as described. Appears to be a local issue.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs?
See profile.

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?
No second phone available. Wife'a iPhone has same issue (no 4G most of the time, roams to 3G)

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?
None, this is a 4G coverage issue.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?
4G only. 3G seems normal/strong.

6) When did you first notice this issue?
Yesterday (28th Dec)

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?
Appears permanent.

aw2003
Additional FieldTest data on serving cell while in 4G (may help - I'm guessing this is a more distant cell than the one which usually serves 4G to me at home)

Serving cell ID: 130554398
Physical cell ID: 398

aw2003
Bump - can anyone from Vodafone advise?

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@aw2003 We've recently resolved an issue with one of your surrounding cell sites (30035). The issue we've resolved may have been having an impact on your local 4G cell site (77935). 

I've checked the sites 4G performance and it appears to be stable. 

If you're still having issues, please contact us directly using the details from the private message I've sent to your inbox. 

aw2003
The issue appears to be resolved now - thanks!

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@aw2003 Great to hear :Smiling:

Thank you for keeping us updated!